Topco Associates is currently seeking a Category Coordinator for the Produce team in Visalia, CA.
The Category Coordinator assists with routine procurement activities, and helps ensure prompt and accurate member/supplier transactions and provides optimal service to Topco members, thus helping them to enhance their competitive position and profitability.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Promotes optimal service to members by processing all product orders promptly and accurately
- Makes follow up phone and email service calls to members and suppliers and carriers to ensure satisfactory handling of orders and resolution of problems in order to avoid adjustments and enhance customer satisfaction
- Works with members, vendors, carriers and Topco Accounting to quickly resolve any current billing problems
- Assists teammate with preparing documents for member and vendor business review/planning sessions
- Manages the completion and submission of all required documents for new vendor set up and approval
- Helps to ensure that all vendors for Team's assigned product categories are in compliance with Topco's PSA, COI, and Food Safety documentation
- Promotes department efficiency by assisting in the training process for new Buyers Assistants
- All other duties as assigned
Education: High School graduate, College degree preferred
- Communicates Effectively and Candidly
- Puts the Member/Customer First
- Achieves through Teamwork
- Executes for Results
- Performs math calculations accurately on a regular basis.
- Ability to organize information and make presentations to peers.
Previous Experience: Minimum of one year in customer service, plus experience with computerized business systems
Honest; dependable; ethical; punctual; detail oriented; accurate; follow through; multi tasker; organized; team player; problem solver; communications skills; data entry; Excel/Word