Brooks Tropicals, located in the heart of the Redlands, has an open position for a Packinghouse Supervisor.
Assists the Director of Packing Operations in daily functions; ensures that daily functions of avocado personnel are carried out according to guidelines, resulting in an efficient packing process; trains and directs packinghouse employees in the movement of merchandise through the department within specified productivity, cost, and quality standards.
Ensures fruit is packed according to the highest standards, and sale orders completed as directed. This position has direct supervision for packinghouse personnel including avocado receiving, stackers and forklift drivers, box department, avocado pit, avocado graders, and avocado sizer.
- Plans out the day of packing based on priorities of orders. Checks orders in the computer for revisions.
- Oversees all packing personnel. Ensures minimum productivity standards are being met.
- Checks fruit before it is packed by variety to ensure accuracy of order.
- Inspects boxes packed regularly.
- Ensures employees are ready to work emphasizing maximum safety, efficiency and productivity during work schedule.
- Supervises inventory of product as required for the production of fruit at company plant.
- Creates reports as needed.
- Adheres to company policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Reviews payroll hours for accuracy.
- Attends meetings when required.
- Completes annual performance appraisals for direct reports.
- Responsible for disciplinary action procedures for direct reports. Also responsible for hiring and termination decisions for area.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associates degree or higher preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the role of supervisor or manager in a produce packing facility.
- Warehouse experience and knowledge of fruit or vegetable care.
- Ability to handle people under high-stress situations.
- High noise level.
- Must be bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Basic Computer skills.
- Must be able to work long hours.
- Health Insurance available the first of the month following 60 days (employer pays a portion)
- Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, Accident, etc. (AFLAC)
- 401K with employer match
- Paid vacation, sick and personal time available
Brooks Tropicals is a Drug free workplace and an EEO employer
Fresh Cut Jobs - Agriculture Jobs - Packing House Jobs - Warehouse Jobs - Greenhouse Jobs