Why Join the Team at Ocean Mist Farms?
You are a dedicated safety professional who is:
- Passionate about the agriculture industry and keeping workers safe and engaged, but not excited about seasonal relocations
- Enthusiastic about joining a multi-faceted, stable organization with various business areas and sites that is growing and evolving to create another 100 years of success
- Excited about the opportunity to lead a comprehensive employee safety program at a Blue Zones workplace with a safety and wellness culture
The Safety Manager is a vital role that directly contributes to Ocean Mist Farms’ commitment to worker health and wellbeing. This leadership role offers a broad scope, supportive leadership, the chance to build your team, grow professionally, and work in an environment that embraces new ideas.
Reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources, the Safety Manager is responsible for the successful management of all duties associated with the Occupational Safety and Workers' Compensation Programs. With a consistent presence at Ocean Mist Farms’ field, cooler and plant operations, this role is focused on developing and executing a safety program that ensures a safe and compliant work environment.
You will develop and implement safety, injury, and illness prevention programs in support of Ocean Mist Farms’ business strategy and desire to continuously improve their health and safety programs.
Join a team with respect for the land, the people who work it, and the diverse crew that moves our product from field to table.
- Seven years’ experience in safety management, preferably in an agricultural environment
- Strong knowledge of current OSHA, DOT regulations, IIPP, and employment labor law compliance requirements
- Bilingual fluency in English/Spanish is required including reading, writing, and the ability to communicate clearly in both languages
- Excellent presentation, analytical, and decision-making skills
- Willingness to travel as needed to Coachella during the growing season
- Must be available nights and weekends to meet business needs
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively with a team
- Valid class “C” California Driver’s license and insurability required
Food Safety Jobs - Management Jobs - Agriculture Jobs - Quality Assurance Jobs - Human Resource Jobs