The Accounts Payable Specialist assists and works under the direction of the Accounting Manager and is responsible for the timely and accurate payment of all Ocean Mist Farms vendors. Attention to detail in all activities is imperative. A strong work ethic and job dedication is essential to be successful in this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary – Accounts Payable (AP):
- Separate unpaid invoices for payment approval by department management;
- Assist department managers with general ledger and departmental coding as needed;
- Input approved accounts payable transactions;
- Post transactions into the correct accounting period,
- Set due date to pay by vendor terms and to take advantage of discounts,
- Make appropriate corrections as required.
- Generate vendor checks;
- Run unpaid vouchers reports;
- Attach vendor checks to supporting invoices for signatures and review;
- Mail or deliver checks as appropriate;
- Investigate payment discrepancies;
- Maintain vendor master files;
- Prepare departmental cost spreadsheets for benefits payments.
- Maintain Vehicle List and update insurance for vehicles, trips to DMV may be required;
- Process 1099’s annually for OMF and Misty Farms;
- Download reports or invoices for payment as necessary;
- Reconcile Vendor Statements and investigate discrepancies;
- Miscellaneous jobs (related to A/P and Accounting) as needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- A.A. Degree or equivalent experience in Accounts Payable is preferred.
- At least 1 years of experience in Accounts Payable or other agriculture accounting related field is preferred;
- Working knowledge of Famous, Spreadsheet, and word-processing programs;
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with customers, management, peers, and vendors;
- Bi-lingual in English/Spanish desirable;
- Experience in the Agricultural field preferred;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Attention to detail and detail oriented a must.
Apply today! Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Accounting Jobs - Administrative Jobs - Agriculture Jobs - Human Resources Jobs