Sells farm products and programs to an established customer base to meet divisional sales objectives within established department guidelines. Responsible for all aspects of sales account management and development process to include: selling daily to the open market, selling standing orders and seasonal pre-bookings, growing sales by increasing account penetration in an effort to maximize sales and generate the highest returns for the farms. Prospects new accounts by conducting internet research and conversing with existing customers to generate sales leads. Conducts initial qualifying call with potential account and obtains a credit application from them.
Forwards credit application to the Credit department and maintains contact with the prospect through the qualifying period. Works in conjunction with the Sales management and the Credit Department to ensure all accounts maintain a “current” credit status. Maintains a profile on each account in order to gain a complete understanding of each account’s preferences, sales history, competitors, buying criteria and other information that could be relevant in developing the account. Participates in budget process by forecasting expected sales volumes for all assigned accounts based on historical performance, current trends and required growth rates.
You can become a part of our exciting company if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent experience
- Five years experience in account development/management preferably in a perishable goods industry; Fresh cut floral product experience is a plus
- Superb selling skills and relationship building skills; a proven track record of growing sales and increasing account penetration
- Negotiations skills and a knowledge of daily market pricing
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, especially over the telephone
- Knowledge of sales and inventory software applications and Intermediate Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to work 6 am to 3 pm on Monday through Friday and 7 am to 10 am on one Saturday every four weeks; ability to work Saturdays and Sundays prior to the two big floral holidays: Valentine’s Day and Mother’s Day; some Saturdays required in the initial training period
- Must be able to travel within San Diego on an occasional basis using own personal vehicle; overnight travel required 5%-10% of the time to visit trade shows or customers.
TEMPORARILY REMOTE DUE TO COVID.
- Base salary plus commission Health, dental and life insurance 401K (up to 4% matching) Paid holidays Paid vacation.
- If you are ready to become a key part of our company’s exciting future, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Principals only please!
- Florexpo/Kendal Floral is an equal opportunity employer. We participate in E-verify.
Floral Jobs - Agriculture Jobs - Sales Jobs - Marketing Jobs - Retail Grocery Jobs