To assist supervisor in the planting operations and oversee the planting operations in the supervisor’s absence.
- Must have experience with seed spider planters and planting techniques.
- Must be computer oriented and/or willing to be trained on company systems.
- Must be organized and able to work independently without supervision.
- Must possess good mathematical skills and ability to communicate with all levels of employees.
- Must have the ability to travel as required to planting areas which include Bakersfield, Imperial Valley, Santa Maria, Shandon, Madera, Salinas Valley and possibly others in state and out.
- Must be Bi-lingual, English/Spanish, with the ability to speak, read, and write in both.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean DMV driving record.
- Must pass pre-placement drug/alcohol screen, physical and functional capacity evaluation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Must be able to perform all functions of a Planting employee.
- Travel to different fields.
- This description reflects the principal function of the job for the purpose of job evaluation. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements of the job nor shall be construed as giving exclusive responsibility for every function described.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Ability to frequently move about in the farming fields. Ability to operate various farming equipment. Ability to continuously work with product and equipment at ground level. Ability to work on uneven terrain both on foot and while aboard moving equipment. Ability to get on and off various stationary and moving equipment. Ability to wok outdoors and in wet and damp environment. Must be able to move items weighing up to 75 lbs.
To apply, please click on this link:
Agriculture Jobs - Seed Jobs - Greenhouse Jobs - Management Jobs - Transportation Jobs