The Assistant Farmstand Store Manager is responsible for the quality assurance, routine sanitation, and maintenance of all Farmstand products, merchandise, and display areas in accordance with company standards. The continual assessment, evaluation and placement of inventory is required to support the Director of Farmstand Operations make informed product buys and replenishment orders. The Assistant Farmstand Store Manager will also be responsible in coordinating staffing and scheduling needs in support of the Director of Farmstand Operations in order to effectively and efficiently conduct the movement of inventory and provide a superior customer experience.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Coordinate staffing and inventory needs with Director of Farmstand Operations to receive product, execute displays and conduct floor moves related to the department in an efficient and timely manner
- Build employee and customer relationships through routine interactions and the transfer of specific product knowledge and usage to answer questions and inquires
- Manage and maintain the daily volume and appearance of inventory for all Farmstand product categories as directed by the Director of Farmstand Operations
- Maintain and communicate all administrative tasks and documentation related to department needs including seasonal staffing needs, payroll approval, signed product orders, invoices and all other documents in support of the Store Controller
- Routinely communicate department trends and recommendations to the Director of Farmstand Operations to help make informed purchase and product replenishment orders
- Effectively utilize the space of the department to produce improved displays and make recommended floor moves and product placement ideas to the Director of Farmstand Operations and the Visual Merchandising team
- Provide initial and updated trainings for all Farmstand associates including the demonstration and proper execution of activities including receiving, preparation, handling and displaying of inventory
- Develop and communicate department specific directives to associates to ensure the movement, preparation, and display of department specific inventory in an effective and timely manner
- Ensure the continual completion of daily sanitation tasks in accordance with internal and external food handling procedures and regulations
- Support associates in the movement of department specific inventory through the unloading of trucks and efficient movement of department specific inventory
- Assist the Merchandising team and other Department Managers with special tasks and functions as directed by store and company management
- Leadership and Coaching
- Written and Verbal Communication
- Maintenance of Productive Team Relationships
- Strong Work Ethic
- Well Organized
- Problem Solving Skills
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of 5 years of progressive responsibility in the grocery or produce industry required. Bachelor’s degree in business administration preferred but not required. Previous experience utilizing a POS system required, Counterpoint preferred. Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to hold self and others accountable for high-quality, timely and effective results. SERV Safe and CPR certification required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and Outlook required.
This job operates in an active retail store environment. This job may be either indoors or outdoors or both.
Management Jobs - Retail Grocery Jobs - Agriculture Jobs - Sales Jobs - Administrative Jobs