Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Activating, counting, and balancing of POS drawer to maintain proper cash and accurate POS transactions on a daily basis
- Provide outstanding customer service by assisting customers in finding items, answering questions, and performing sales transactions while properly communicating customer inquiries to management
- Efficiently utilize POS system to verify customer information, look up items and add new rewards members
- Ability to transact sales/returns by cash, check, credit card, debit, gift card, and Mahoney Charge sales
- Maintain and communicate knowledge of Farmstand sales and mark down methods to customers to generate sales
- Assist with the movement of Farmstand inventory through restocking, floor moves, and display maintenance
- Perform other general maintenance tasks including product maintenance, preparation and Farmstand housekeeping including cart retrieval, sweeping, and cleaning as needed
- Support the preparation of in-store developed products in support of the Assistant Store Manager, following all internal and externally regulated preparation and sanitation methods as directed
- Support team members on location with floor moves, display maintenance and regular housekeeping duties
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and practices pertaining to role
- Complete all additional tasks as assigned
- Customer focus
- Ability to learn
- Ethical conduct
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED, previous POS knowledge or cash handling experience is preferred but not required.
- Serv Safe and CPR certification preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to offer excellent customer service skills, and strong verbal communication skills.
This job operates in an active retail store environment. This job may be either indoors or outdoors or both.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
This position requires frequent standing, walking, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and / or crawling. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
POSITION TYPE / EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
Flexible hours. Days and hours of work vary by schedule and season. Must be available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Mahoney’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Retail Grocery Jobs - Agriculture Jobs - Entry Level Jobs - Sales Jobs - Skilled Trades Jobs