The Procurement Manager is responsible for coordinating the purchase and delivery of all needed raw materials on a just-in-time basis to satisfy the daily/weekly demand schedules of the value-added processing plant. This includes ensured that the established raw sourcing plan is optimized to deliver the highest quality and best economics to the facility.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate daily with plant and harvest operations on raw material demand planning and forecasts.
- Proactively seek ways to improve the effectiveness and efficiently of purchasing processes and tools to support the needs of the business.
- Strategically develop and optimize the supplier network to meet supply requirements.
- Develop, monitor and refine KPI’s and metrics for both raw product and sales information.
- Conduct market research and analysis for benchmarking current costs and projecting trends.
- Support new products and packaging through development, trial, commercialization phases.
- Identify supply risks and develop contingency plans to mitigate potential issues. Recommend alternative materials and/or supplies to ensure secure supply.
- Act as an innovation scout for new technologies and sustainable packaging solutions.
- Coordinates with regional departments to ensure consistent quality and smooth flows of product and information.
- Continually identity opportunities for improvement across all commodities and harvesters.
- Oversee negotiation of contract pricing and structured fobs by commodity weekly within given timetables to ensure value, quality, availability, and food safety.
- Manages vendor relations and supplier development with selected vendors.
- Manages quality control, product rejections and resolves vendor disputes.
- Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations, Business or other closely related field is preferable.
- 5 + years relevant operational purchasing experience; experience in purchasing perishable goods is preferred.
- Must demonstrate leadership and be familiar with procurement and production processes.
- Demonstrate ability to problem solve efficiently with minimal oversight.
- Must be a self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to get along and work effectively with others.
- Valid class “C” California Driver’s license is required.
- Ability to communicate in English and Spanish at a fluent level is highly desired.
- This position requires that employees work Monday through Friday, including occasional weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel to various off-site locations to meet with employees, clients and vendors.
Headquartered in Castroville, California near Monterey Bay, Ocean Mist Farms is one of California’s leading growers of premium quality produce. We have an affiliation with seven companies with operations in California, Arizona and Mexico. Founded in 1924, we are privately held, the largest producer of artichokes in North America and produce over 30 other fresh vegetable commodities. Our operations include plant breeding, farming, harvesting, cooling, distribution and sales. Ocean Mist Farms’ fresh vegetable product line is sold domestically and internationally year-round. To learn more about our company, please visit www.oceanmist.com
Apply today! We offer an excellent salary and benefits package. Send us your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com