The Operations Manager effectively manages all aspects of the processing plant from materials and raw product to working with sales on daily production runs.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement the efficient daily production runs to fulfill customer orders through the coordination between sales orders and raw product harvest;
- Work with Sales and Product Innovation & Research Manager in designing, costing, processing and developing new products;
- Provide recommendations on equipment related issues or upgrades;
- Assist in the transition of production from manual to an automated system whenever possible;
- Work with accounting to design and implement a cost model for all value added packs;
- Study and make recommendations on efficiencies for improved labor and other savings related to processing;
- Recommend and Prepare Capital Expenditure Requests;
- Implement the installation of any approved equipment improvements/changes;
- Coordinate and oversee HACCP Plan and Food Safety Programs;
- Prepare Cost Analysis operations;
- Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience is highly preferred.
- 5 + Years of experience in a processing operation;
- Experience in employee and labor management is desirable.
- Previous experience in the agricultural industry;
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred;
- Advance working knowledge of Famous, Excel and Word;
- Knowledge of production software Redzone, Kaizen production exercises is desirable.
- Knowledge of GMP’s, HACCP, GAP and Food Safety gained through education and at least 1-year experience working with food manufacturing.
- Effectively supervise others, including and up to, provide employee feedback, disciplinary communication, performance reviews and training.
Headquartered in Castroville, California near Monterey Bay, Ocean Mist Farms is one of California’s leading growers of premium quality produce. We have an affiliation with seven companies with operations in California, Arizona and Mexico. Founded in 1924, we are privately held, the largest producer of artichokes in North America and produce over 30 other fresh vegetable commodities. Our operations include plant breeding, farming, harvesting, cooling, distribution and sales. Ocean Mist Farms’ fresh vegetable product line is sold domestically and internationally year-round. To learn more about our company, please visit www.oceanmist.com
Apply today! We offer an excellent salary and benefits package. Send us your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Management Jobs - Warehouse Jobs - Packing House Jobs - Agriculture Jobs - Quality Assurance Jobs