Located in the heart of the fertile Central Valley of California since 1950. Fowler Packing is one of the largest family owned farming operations in the Central Valley. We supply consistent quality products that can be found in the produce department of grocery stores nationwide under the SamSons and Peelz Labels.
Summary/Objective: The Ag Field Technician will perform skilled mechanical work in maintenance, repair, and operation of Ag equipment. Performs routine maintenance primarily in our agricultural fields where our crops are located.
- Standard Work Week: Mon-Sat
- Pay Type: Hourly
- Employee Type: FT Non-Exempt
- Accurately troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing spray equipment, light, medium, heavy duty diesel tractors, in the following systems: – spray systems – Hydraulics – Fuel systems – Drivability Issues – Suspension – Electrical – Drivetrain and base engine repair.
- Conduct routine maintenance work (replacing fluids, lubricating parts etc.) aiming to ag equipment functionality and longevity
- Repair or replace broken or dysfunctional parts and fix issues (e.g. leaks)
- Provide accurate estimates (cost, time, effort) for a repair or maintenance job
- Keep logs on work and issues
- Maintain equipment and tools in good condition
- Will perform diagnosis and repair in the field
- Must have your own tools, we provide large shop type tools that are newer quality tooling & specialty engine tools / service truck.
- 5+ years of experience performing service repairs
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of agricultural equipment
- Valid CA driver’s license required, with clean driving record
- Ability to lift at least 75 lbs. repeatedly
- Welding skills is mandatory – must have High school diploma or GED
Fowler Packing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Seed Jobs - Skilled Trades Jobs - Food Safety Jobs - Quality Assurance Jobs - Research & Development Jobs