PRO*ACT seeking adynamic individual to join our Procurement Team as a Freight Manager.
- Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits
- Career Development Programs
- Wellness Program including on-site yoga
- Casual Attire and all-around FUN place to work!
The Freight Manager will be responsible for identifying areas for continuous improvement to streamline processes and reduce costs across the supply chain. Strong experience in time sensitive supply chain and logistics functions in a rapidly growing organization is required. The ideal candidate will be detailed oriented, organized, and well-versed in aspects of international produce logistics including documentation, customs compliance, distribution and transportation. Working experience in the area of freight forwarding or a similar function is strongly desired.
- ArrangeTransportation for the PRO*ACT network and customers.
- Track trucks ensuring timely arrival and communicating issues and delays as well as solving transportation problems.
- Develop a strategy for making sure freight is delivered on time to PRO*ACT’s customers at the lowest possible cost.
- Ensure that freight capacity is available in line with PRO*ACT’s projected forecasts and growth objectives.
- Negotiate transportation contracts and the financial analysis associated with driving an agreement that supports PRO*ACT’s objectives.
- Review of all business documents being released to the suppliers: RFPs, RFIs, Statement of Work (SOW), Master Agreements (MSAs), and formal communications.
- Manage of carrier contracts through regular status reviews with the business and carriers ensuring that services are being performed according to the SOW and pricing.
- Ensure active measurement of the carrier’s performance to the SOW is occurring and identification of root cause and corrective measures are established as the need arises.
- Maintain effective and proactive relationships with regional business teams to ensure support of existing and new operational requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree OR equivalent work experience required.
- 5+ years’ experience in produce and/or logistics/supply chain required.
- Knowledge of the transportation industry required.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills, written and verbal required.
- Computer proficiency in business related software required; Office 365 preferred.
- Ability to model Pro*Act’s Competencies required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Transportation Jobs - Broker Jobs - Management Jobs - Sales Jobs - Agriculture Jobs