Bonduelle Fresh Americas is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bonduelle (BON.PA), and home of the Ready Pac Foods brand. With four processing facilities throughout the U.S., the business unit focuses on fresh vegetables, salads and fresh meal solutions for the Americas. Acquired by Bonduelle in 2017 as Ready Pac Foods, the renamed Bonduelle Fresh Americas is the newest of the company's five business units. The company manufactures a complete range of products featuring fresh produce and protein under the company's Ready Pac Foods®, Bistro®, Ready Snax®, Cool Cuts®, elevĀte™ and Bonduelle Fresh Picked™ brands. Offerings include fresh-cut salads, fruits, vegetables, snacking and fresh prepared meals, including wrap kits, available where consumers buy groceries and in restaurant chains across North America. Visit www.readypac.com or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Position Title Overview/Summary:
The Agriculture Development Managers primary responsibilities will be to improve efficiencies related to harvest technologies, yield, variety and field selection, new Ag product development, Ag tech & field innovation.
Common duties include:
- Creating and implementing evaluation criteria with objective parameters for variety selection, Ag tech, innovation and project implementation.
- Evaluates and resolves technical feasibility, design optimization, and production/ harvesting issues.
- Researches and monitors existing client base and industry developments and identifies potential new product opportunities and innovation (new varieties/harvesting technology).
In collaboration with the VP of Ag Ops and cross-functional departments, they will work to establish design, technology, product development, and a variety selection strategy that will help BFA gain and maintain a competitive advantage.
This positon reports to the VP of Agricultural Operations, is based in the Salinas, California area, and will require moderate travel to Arizona, Imperial, CA, Florida or other locations as needed.
- Seed Variety & Field Selection Management (30%)
- Project Management (20%)
- AG Tech Management (20%)
- Corporate Social Responsibility & Innovation Management (15%)
- Ag Operations (10%)
- Budget-Cooler P&L (5%)
- Develop and maintain a relationship with seed and other related AG Tech Companies.
- Organizing trials and create database with such companies and creating evaluation criteria in order to determine appropriate seed variety selection specific to region, grower and season.
- To be able to analyze data and understand decision-making process.
- Creating and implementing a trial evaluation system in order to determine variety selections along with BFA Crop Managers & Growers to make objective decisions based on data, yield, optimal days to harvest and disease resistance amongst other agronomic factors.
- Attend breeder, second screening trials and expos to stay up to date with emerging varieties that are not yet commercial.
- Analyze and help build trial reports and trial database, correlate data to harvesting team, VP of Ops as well as growers.
- Convey and absorb information to and from VP of Ag Ops and contacted growers in order to make informed and more technical decisions.
- Understand and utilize knowledge of pathology/disease resistance in varieties and apply knowledge to variety selection with affected growers.
- The project manager should also work with breeders on exclusive projects such as co-developing varieties with breeders that align w/ BFA.
- Manage projects with AG Tech Companies that improve costs and harvesting efficiencies such as mechanized and automated solutions for weeding, harvesting, planting thinning etc.
- Manage ongoing projects within the department including projects pertaining to cost savings and CSR.
- Provide support to our growers, harvesters and Crop Managers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Admin, Crop Science, or Related Field
- 7+ years of AG Business Management
- 5+ years of Product Development Experience
- 5+ years of Project Management Experience
- 5+ years of seed variety selection and breeding/research direct experience
- 5+ years of commodity management experience
- Knowledge of grower network
- Knowledge of Industry Transitions (Salinas to Yuma, Yuma to Salinas, Eastern Regions)
- Familiar w/ Microsoft Applications (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Must be able to work in a fast pace environment
- Fluent or Conversational in Spanish
- Grower Management
- Proficient in time management
- Proficient in Project Management and Execution
- Organization, Critical Thinking & Analytical Skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment and collaborate up and down the organization
- A proven track record of results with a bias for action
- A passion for learning and a craving to work in a fun culture
Bonduelle Fresh Americas / Ready Pac Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer
and is looking for diversity in candidates in employment.