Innovative Produce, Inc.
Field Production Safety Coordinator
Human Resources and Safety
Director of HR & Safety
The Field Production Safety Coordinator is responsible for ensuring a safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment, and the coordination and administration of the safety programs to assure compliance with all company, state and federal regulations. Collaborates with field and office management to ensure that safety is taken into consideration with every performed job task. Provides initial counsel and advice regarding health and safety issues.
This is an exempt position and works under the general direction of the Human Resource and Safety Director.
- Maintain close communication with HR and Safety Director and HR Manager on day to day activities.
- Responsible to behave in a professional manner consistent with company policies and standards of conduct. This includes, but it is not limited to confidentiality, punctuality, attendance, respect, team work, positive attitude and leading by example.
- Works closely with office and field management on safety related programs and issues.
- Must be physically present in the workplace to personally address safety issues and coordinate safety activities with a variety of people, including office and/or field management.
- Keep current on changing safety laws and regulations.
- Identify, develop, coordinate and conduct safety training in areas such as safety laws and regulations, hazardous conditions, personal protective equipment, and safe use of equipment.
- Proactively develop and submit recommendations to prevent employee injury or illness.
- Conduct and communicate safety observations and inspections to ensure internal accountability and compliance with occupational and environmental health and safety requirements.
- Maintains appropriate filing of records and documentation of safety programs, including training, inspections, investigations, and corrective actions.
- Investigate occupational near-miss incidents, injuries and illnesses on a timely basis, review and/or write reports and make recommendations regarding incident prevention.
- Assist with employee injury and return to work management, including transporting employees to and from a designated clinic.
- Key stakeholder of safety teams program.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employee in this position. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. This position requires office work as well as interacting with production employees in the field. Field coverage is expected for the majority of the time. In light of the nature of the agriculture industry it may be necessary to work after normal working hours or weekends as deemed necessary.
- Minimum education equivalent to college or 3 years related experience in relevant safety position, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 2 to 3 years prior agricultural industry experience.
- Possess excellent verbal/written communication skills, cultural sensitivity and have an ability to maintain a good working relationship with others.
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills.
- Must be bilingual (English-Spanish).
- Experience in safety regulatory compliance.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications is highly preferred.
- Valid California driver’s license, clean DMV record.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to switch-task and operate effectively in stressful situations.
- Must be able to identify and effectively resolve problems in a timely manner.
- High standards of initiative and accountability.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to sit, stand, walk, reach, use hands/fingers to handle, power grasp, simple grasping, fine manipulation, or feel, talk, hear and see. The employee is frequently required to bend neck, bend waist, squat, twist waist, push, pull, lift and carry up to 50 lbs., occasionally required to reach above shoulder level and below shoulder level, and climb.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to work in both, indoors and outdoors. Since this is a position with a high degree of interaction with field employees, incumbent is constantly required to work on outside weather conditions, uneven ground, and noise, vibration, around hazards such as moving machine parts, moving equipment, wet rows, and dust.