We are seeking an experienced full-time year-round Berry Salesperson to join our Monterey County office.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Work collaboratvely with sales team members and quality control staff to ensure optimal customer service and support- Help resolve any customer issues or conflicts.
- Manage existing business while pursuing new opportunities.
- Understand the current product line as well as the company goals in terms of further developing the product line.
- Understand the customer base and hierarchy of the customer base and how each customer fits into that heirarchy.
- Develop an understanding of strawberries (customer wants, growth regions and cycles, associated challenges, weather implications) that will enable one to make the best decisions in regards to pricing and distribution.
- Interacting with and developing strategies for future growth with both current and potential customers.
- Interact with and develop relationships with customers via daily communication, travel to their facilities, field and facility tours and/or and or any other relationship building opportunities.
- Be available for travel to visit customers as well as to attend trade shows throughout the year.
- Be an active participant in delivering upon the company’s vision in all aspects of the job.
- Manage the inventory of all products being sold in all growing regions.
- Assist with the management of the compliance of all contracts (pricing, weekly allotments, etc.) to the extent that they are available.
- Assist with the allocation of product to all customers based upon that customers loyalty, purchase history and pricing.
- Assist with order entry and computer system adjustments when needed.
- Assist with the booking of freight and the associated back-end paperwork to ensure that pricing is booked and recorded correctly on applicable orders.
- Assist with the entry into and the management of all orders into associated EDI interfaces.
- Assist with all product forecasting and availability.
- Assist with the coverage of customers as well as other employees customers when other employees are out of the office.
- Answer in-coming calls.
- Manage the Accounts Receiveable for each of the specific accounts with the goal of having file
- Customer service focused
- Excellent communication and interpersonal/teamwork skills
- Ability to multi-task with a results-oriented personality.
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communications skills.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and be resourceful.
- Ability to plan ahead and to look at the whole picture.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office needed;
- Knowledge of Famous Accounting and Inventory system helpful.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus, but is not required.
- 5 years of experience in Produce Sales required with experience in the berry segment preferred.
- Conduct business with the highest ethics and level of integrity.
The ideal candidate will be an outgoing “People Person” with knowledge of and experience in the Fresh Produce industry.
We offer a competitive Salary and benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision and 401K.
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and or related medical conditions), religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of ones employement, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.