The fourth largest seed company in the world. Limagrain is an international cooperative group created and directed by French farmers. As a creator and producer of plant varieties, Limagrain markets field seeds, vegetable seeds, and cereal products.
Vilmorin SA, Business Unit of Group Limagrain, a company headquartered in France; specializes in the breeding, production, and marketing of vegetable seeds and tree seeds for professional farmers worldwide. The diversity within our multicultural teams drives the company’s growth strategy through quality products, expertise, and commitments to excellence.
Purpose: Manage inventory levels, quality control, warehouse operations, and vendors to ensure seed supplies to meet business requirements. Ensures warehouse facilities function in accordance with procedures and policies. Manage budgets, projects and staffing matters for all supply chain related functions. Act as liaison between executives and warehouse/operations.
Essential Operational Tasks:
- Manage all warehouse units (Main operations in Salinas, plus depot Santa Maria and Yuma).
- Perform weekly check in with each unit to ensure operations and projects are on track and being completed/managed within budget.
- Ensure all warehouse units are operating within the proposed FY budget.
- Ensure maintenance of accurate inventory and compliance to on-time deliveries.
- Ensure all locations are operating within business standards and safety policies.
- Establish and monitor KPI’s.
- Ensure that all warehouse units follow all quality control policies and procedures.
- Ensure outside seed supply levels to meet forecast.
- Manage/Ensure proprietary seed supply levels and work with production team to create a production plan.
- Manage/ensure acceptable inventory levels and participate in finding solutions for obsolete stock.
- Manage in time seed enhancements processes including coating, seed treatments, and milling according to sales requirements and seed health.
- Ensure/Manage finished item inventory levels to ensure material is on the shelf to meet sales requirements.
- Be aware of business unit needs and recommend a budget and headcount increases.
- Oversee the setup of off-site warehouses as needed including scouting for spaces to accommodate our needs.
- Negotiate contracts for all supply chain vendors.
- Identify and develop and/or implement new quality procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all seed regulations.
- On-going monitoring of activities to identify ways to improve efficiency and reduce expenses.
- Bachelor’s degree in an agricultural related field (or equivalent job experience).
- Previous management experience.
- Good experience with ERP system.
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point).
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Able to travel domestically & internationally.