The people behind Ocean Mist Farms are our company's greatest assets. Dedicated, talented and diverse, our company takes pride in the part that we play, ensuring that Ocean Mist Farms' premium-quality vegetables arrive fresh on the plates of consumers around the world.
Many members of our team are long-time employees of 15 years or more, with several being second generation employees of the company. We take pride in this sustainable employee model, providing competitive wages and job growth opportunities to families in our community.
The Senior Accountant - Operations will assist and work under the direction of the Operations Controller of Ocean Mist Farms. A strong work ethic, attention to detail, and job dedication are essential to be successful in this position. The qualified candidate will maintain a professional image always.
Scope of Role
Ocean Mist Farms, Inc.:
- Daily Banking Activity (including but not limited to daily reporting, uploading checks clearing to G/L, wire transfers, and daily reconciliations of cash balances.);
- Back up to Upload Bi-Weekly payroll information to G/L and reconcile uploaded information;
- Ocean Mist Farms Bank Reconciliations;
- Monthly Units Report and Reconciliation;
- Compile Monthly Grower Sales Reports.
- Perform monthly accounting close for Value-Added;
- Reconcile inventory monthly;
- Prepare monthly operation reports including per pack style analysis;
- Maintenance of bill of materials for each value added pack style;
- Present Financial Info at Monthly Board Meetings;
- Various Reporting as requested by Sr. Staff.
Sea Breeze Harvesting
- Perform quarterly accounting close for Sea Breeze Harvesting – an affiliated Harvest company;
- Monthly reconciliation of units packed and revenues;
- Monthly reconciliation of materials inventory;
- Monthly posting of materials cost to the correct cost centers;
- Prepare and present quarterly operations report for Sea Breeze Harvesting;
- Maintain book and tax depreciation schedule;
- Compile Cost Accounting Standards/Harvest Rates per Commodity/Pack Style;
- Various Tax Reporting – i.e. property tax statements;
- Review and Guide/Direct Accounting transactions of SBH Accounting Supervisor.
- Back up to Ocean Mist Organics GL/ PL/Inventory/Bank Reconciliation/Crop Cost and Revenue;
- Back up to Misty Farms Crop Costs and Revenue;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting;
- 5-7 years of accounting experience;
- Agricultural experience preferred;
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP);
- Ability to work with and manage a high level of detailed information;
- Ability to research, retrieve and organize data to prepare reports and financial documentation;
- Accurately perform complex mathematical computations;
- Organize and maintain accounting records;
- Set priorities and organize work to meet strict deadlines;
- Coordinate a variety of projects simultaneously;
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written form;
- Work independently and in a lead capacity as a team member adapt to changing program needs;
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external clients;
- Interpret and explain complex rules, regulations, policies, and procedures;
- Make decisions on a variety of complex matters in accordance with established procedures;
- Advanced computer skills required (Excel, Word, Access).