Deadline to Apply: All applications will be considered as received. The position will be filled based on the candidates’ qualifications and experience.
Tanimura & Antle is an employee owned Company and the industry leader of fresh produce for over 36 years. Tanimura & Antle attributes its success to our loyal and dedicated employees and our future is brighter than ever.
Our mission is to provide Quality, Service, and Innovation by employees exhibiting the right Principles, Ownership and Accountability.
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Corporate Controller, this position is responsible for providing financial and accounting support to the business.
The essential duties and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Management and review of general ledger.
- Responsible for period-end close accounting.
- Prepare financial statements.
- Assist in the annual budget process.
- Assist with annual audit process.
- Responsible for various account reconciliations.
- Contribute to developing processes to streamline timely reporting of financial information.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with team members, Supervisor and all stakeholders that reflect a reputation for professional communications, service, trust, integrity, reliability, attention to detail and urgency.
- Maintain the highest standards of confidentiality regarding critical and sensitive information.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Accounting from four-year College 3+ years of related work experience. Must have thorough knowledge of financial reporting.
Language & Communication Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the ability to communicate effectively in all circumstances, including over the phone, email and in person. Must have superior written and verbal interpersonal skills to communicate, work with and respond to questions from employees, team members, supervisor, management and external stakeholders. Must be able to effectively present information.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have intermediate Excel experience and be proficient in other Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word and PowerPoint) and Internet Software. JDE Edwards/E1 software knowledge is a plus.
Other Skills, Abilities and Attributes
- Promote a positive Company image, understands and supports overall Department and Company priorities.
- Must be a team player with a can-do attitude and be goal driven.
- Must work well with minimal supervision, take initiative, be a self-starter, have a sense of urgency and be process driven.
- Must have reliable, predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment, with minimal supervision, in a fast pace and high volume environment with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Must have excellent communication, organizational skills and great attention to detail.
- Must have strong analytical, problem solving, and data analysis skills.
- Must have the ability to multitask and work with constant interruptions
This position requires the ability to work well under pressure, be flexible and meet Company goals and deadlines.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment
In this position, the employee will sit at a desk and operate a computer, and keyboard; hear; talk; stand; walk; have visual acuity to review and prepare written documentation; have the ability to understand speech at normal room levels and on the telephone; and have manual dexterity to operate a telephone and computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.