The people behind Ocean Mist Farms are our company's greatest assets. Dedicated, talented and diverse, our company takes pride in the part that we play, ensuring that Ocean Mist Farms' premium-quality vegetables arrive fresh on the plates of consumers around the world.
Many members of our team are long-time employees of 15 years or more, with several being second generation employees of the company. We take pride in this sustainable employee model, providing competitive wages and job growth opportunities to families in our community.
The Staff Accountant works under the direction of the Accounting Manager of Ocean Mist Farms. The qualified candidate is primarily responsible for assisting with the month end close, maintaining the fixed asset ledgers, and assisting with account reconciliations.
SCOPE OF ROLE
- Assist the accounting team with monthly general ledger close for Ocean Mist Farms;
- Monthly close duties include account analysis, accrual calculations, and various journal entries including inter/co elimination entries;
- Maintain all fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions using Sage Fixed Asset software;
- Calculate depreciation, using Sage Fixed Asset software, and post to the GL system (Famous) monthly;
- Oversee processing of loan payments, updating amortization schedules, and posting related entries to the GL;
- Oversee processing of property tax payments and posting of related entries to the GL;
- Assist with Lease accounting and processing of lease payments for land leases and equipment leases;
- Schedule and review general ledger accounts and perform Balance Sheet account reconciliations;
- Set up new A/P vendors;
- Assist with banking duties;
- Perform other ad hoc projects and analyses as assigned;
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required;
- A minimum of 1-2-year progressive accounting experience is desired;
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP); comparable experience in related agriculture accounting is highly desired;
- Proficient software skills are required, including Microsoft Office suite applications, (i.e., Excel) is required;
- Prior Famous experience is desired;
- Ability to research, retrieve and organize data to prepare reports and financial documentation; accurately perform complex mathematical computations;
- Organize and maintain accounting records.