Deadline to Apply: All applications will be considered as received. The position will be filled based on the candidates’ qualifications and experience.
Tanimura & Antle is an employee owned Company and the industry leader of fresh produce for over 36 years.
Tanimura & Antle attributes its success to our loyal and dedicated employees and our future is brighter than ever.
Our mission is to provide Quality, Service, and Innovation by employees exhibiting the right Principles, Ownership and Accountability.
Position Summary: Serves as the first point of contact for employees, job applicants, guests and other visitors. The Employee Resource Associate is also responsible for providing superior quality and customer service and support functions for our Human Resources Department.
The essential duties and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Engage with our workforce and visitors in a respectful, positive, and efficient manner with a goal of providing superior quality and customer service over the phone, in person, and by email.
- Recognize employee’s quality, service and dedication by fostering a welcoming work environment that promotes the interest of our employees and our Company.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationship with our workforce, team members, Supervisor, and visitors that reflect a reputation for professional communications, service, trust, integrity, reliability, attention to detail and urgency.
- Answer general questions and inquires in all areas of human resources such as personnel, compensation, benefits, recruiting and retention, labor laws, housing, payroll and employee relations programs.
- Engage in Department and Team meetings and provides recommendations to procedures that continually improve efficiency of the Department and services performed.
- Greet and guide employees/customers to appropriate resources.
- Keep up-to-date with the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Promptly answer, screen, and forward all incoming calls to appropriate team members.
- Assist with the Department’s data entry, filing and sorting alphabetically and numerically, and other administrative support functions.
- File and retrieve employee forms and paperwork in employee’s personnel file.
- Verify unemployment status and handles employee’s garnishments/levies.
- Register and assist employees with the completion of new hire paperwork.
- Assist with the initial entitlement leave paperwork of non-confidential employees.
- Assist with supporting record retention and data integrity of the Human Resource Information System (HRIS) records.
- Open, sort and date incoming mail and other communications and orders supplies.
- Assist with outgoing overnight mail packaging labels.
- Cover the Human Resources Department reception desk by participating on a Saturday rotation schedule.
- Maintain the highest standards of confidentiality regarding critical and sensitive information.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Must have reliable, predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Associates Degree and a minimum of two years related work experience.
Language & Communication Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be bi-lingual and bi-literate in English and Spanish and have the ability to communicate effectively in all circumstances, including over the phone, email and in person. Must have superior written and verbal interpersonal skills to communicate, work with and respond to questions from employees, in the field, to the various Operations, outside agencies, team-members, supervisor, management, and external stakeholders. Must be able to effectively present information and have the ability to write business correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute percent and to interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where either limited standardization exists or a recommendation needs to be made to produce outcome desired. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel and PowerPoint), HRIS, and Internet software.
Other Skills, Abilities and Attributes
- Promote a positive Company image, understands and supports overall Department and Company priorities.
- Must be a team player with a can-do attitude and be goal driven.
- Must work well with minimal supervision, take initiative, be a self-starter, have a sense of urgency and be process driven.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment, with minimal supervision, have excellent communication, organizational skills and great attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to multitask and work with constant interruptions.
This position requires the ability to work well under pressure, be flexible and meet Company goals and deadlines.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment
In this position, the employee will sit at a desk and operate a computer, and keyboard; hear; talk; stand; walk; bend, stoop, twist, and reach. The employees must have visual acuity to review and prepare written documentation; have the ability to understand speech at normal room levels and on the telephone; and have manual dexterity to operate a telephone and computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is working in an office environment where the noise is typically quite to moderate.