Located in the heart of the fertile Central Valley of California since 1950. Fowler Packing is one of the largest family owned farming operations in the Central Valley. We supply consistent quality products that can be found in the produce department of grocery stores nationwide.
Summary/Objective: The Citrus Harvest Coordinator assist the Operations Manager in all aspects of growing activities with the responsibility to plan, implement, and ensure the efficient operation of the farm. This includes collecting and communicating operational data through various reports to the Operations Manager on the condition and quality of the harvest, equipment, facilities, and manpower throughout the year.
- The ability to communicate harvest plans effectively to field supervisors and crews
- Responsible for managing 5 supervisors
- Responsible for routine monitoring of field operations, conditions, and report concerns to head of Mandarin Operation Manager
- Must ensure safe harvesting practices are followed, proper equipment is utilized, and all food safety guideless are adhered by harvesting crews
- Responsible for communicating harvesting plans to Farm Labor Contractors
- The ability to analyze crop production efficiency
- Assist Mandarin Operations Manager in resolving harvest concerns, managing crews including managing and scheduling daily operations.
- Demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues, supervisors and managers at all times.
- Excellent communication skills
- Work well under pressure in order to meet multiple deadlines
- Responsible for maintaining Quality Control
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum 4 years prior experience in citrus farming and/or harvestings.
- Strong people skills and the ability to work with people across many different functions.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Must possess, and maintain, a valid California Driver License.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Can work independently, displaying self-management skills.
- Strong writing skills
- Motivated Self-starter
- Ability to work under pressure and exercise good judgement.
- Strategic thinker
Fowler Packing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.