Headstart Nursery, Inc. is proud to be a top leader in the production of high quality vegetable transplants and ornamental plugs and liners. For more than 30 years, HSN has been “Rooted in Quality”, dedicated to providing superior plants and services to all our customers. For the right candidate, we are offering the opportunity to grow with us in an exciting, dynamic environment.
Headstart Nursery, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Production Assistant based out of our Mecca, California facility. We are seeking a motivated, self-starter with the right mix of experience who will be interested in growing with the position.
The focus of this position will be to provide direct support to the production team. This position will report directly to our production managers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• General production support.
• Quality control throughout the entire production cycle.
• Manage production labor relative to seasonal demand.
• Track and analyze labor efficiency in various departments.
• Oversee general housekeeping and sanitation protocol.
• Manage inventory systems.
• Manage & support sow line departments.
• Coordinating trials, organizing notes, reporting results to production.
Position Skills Requirements:
• High attention to detail.
• Strong organizational and communication skills required.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to work outdoors as well as indoors.
• Proficient in MS Outlook, Office & Excel.
• Requires valid CA license to drive company vehicles.
• Flexibility in work schedule; ability to work extended hours, weekends and/or holidays as required by operational needs.
• Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) mandatory.
• Basic knowledge of agricultural industry.
• Greenhouse experience a plus.
• Basic understanding of pest control applications.
If you believe you are a qualified candidate submit your resume to Resume@HeadstartNursery.com. Please include salary requirements.
Headstart Nursery, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.