3 Star Lettuce, LLC, is a conventional and certified organic lettuce seed company that specializes in developing, producing, and marketing quality lettuce seed products. The company is dynamic and focused on the lettuce industry and is an employer of professional, knowledgeable, and dedicated individuals who work diligently to accomplish the company goals. 3 Star Lettuce, LLC was established in 2001.
Our mission is to provide Quality, Service, and Innovation by employees exhibiting the right Principles, Ownership and Accountability.
The primary responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Liaison between Sales and R&D teams
- Develop and execute Trialing Program
- Computerize and distribute all trial maps
- Monitors all seed trials
- Evaluate all seed trials & communicate with Sales team
- Develop Season Review report
- Assists in developing planting guides with pictures and descriptions
- Manage inventory of all trial seed
- Travel to other lettuce production areas as needed to assist other Product Development Representatives
- Assist other departments as time permits
- Promote a positive Company image, understands and supports overall Department and Company priorities
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with team members, Supervisor, customers and all stakeholders that reflect a reputation for professional communications, service, trust, integrity, reliability, attention to detail and urgency
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Experience, Certifications and/or Training: Associate Degree in Agriculture and/or 2-3 years of experience in farming, harvest and seed. Must have a clean DMV (driving record).
Language & Communication Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the ability to communicate effectively in all circumstances, including over the phone, email and in person. Must have good written, verbal, interpersonal, and cross-cultural skills to communicate and work with everyone, from the field, warehouse, to customers, teammembers, and management to develop long-term industry relationships. Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, team members, and managers.
Bi-lingual in English/Spanish preferred.
Mathematical Skills: Must have the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Reasoning Ability: Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations and determine which option is the best suitable and profitable given the circumstances at hand. Able to troubleshoot and problem-solve in a professional and timely manner.
Ability to analyze data accurately and consistently in a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e., Word and Excel) and Internet software.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Must understand overall Company priorities and work in a collaborative way to support the highest overall Company profitability
- Must be a team player with a can-do attitude and be goal driven
- Must work well with minimal supervision, take initiative, be a self-starter, and pay great attention to detail
- Must have reliable, predictable attendance and punctuality
- Must be able highly motivated, work independently and in a team environment and have good organizational skills
This position requires the ability to work well under pressure, be flexible and meet Company goals and deadlines.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment: This position performs the duties in the following environments: Field and around Harvesting equipment, which are subject to hot and cold temperatures and a wide variance of noise. In this position, the employee will stand for long periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
This position requires the employee to lift up to 50 lbs. horizontally and vertically, bend, stoop, stand, twist, and reach.
This position may require working outside of normal business hours.