Due to an internal promotion and the continued growth of the company, Black Gold Farms is looking for a Director of Agronomy who has strong leadership skills and a scientific background in production agronomy.
- Propagate agronomic best practices across all of the organization’s farms.
- Lead the company-wide agronomy research program.
- Manage and develop the regional research agronomy team.
- Lead the analysis of any quality, disease, or yield issues encountered at our farming operations.
- Lead a potato variety optimization program.
- Support procurement by providing science-based recommendations for chemistry crop input.
- Represent Black Gold Farms on technical industry committees.
- Master’s Degree in Agronomy or related field
- 10 Years of experience in production agronomy
- Leadership experience
- Potato Experience
- PhD in Agronomy or related field
- Experience with a variety of other crops
Who We Are
Black Gold Farms is recognized as a leader in the potato production industry for our high-quality potatoes, our sales, and our customer service. We have been around since 1928. That’s over 90 years of digging deeper and living life by our seven aspects of culture; Values, Transparency, Team,Excellence, Customer, Passion, and Innovation. In a fourth-generation family owned company like this you truly end up becoming part of the family.
Still not convinced?
Black Gold Farms offers an excellent benefits package, including health, a company funded health savings account, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) program with a company match, paid time off, and incentive compensation. Relocation assistance may be provided if necessary.
This position would be located at our headquarters in Grand Forks,ND (negotiable). Travel would be around 30-50%.