The Irrigation Crew Leader oversees the daily functions associated with irrigation duties as required.
- Supports Irrigation crew on pre-irrigation, germination, and regular irrigation events.
- Directly oversees Pipe Movers.
- Communicates with the tillage department for scheduling pipe movement.
- Provides training for the irrigation department on scheduling pipe movement.
- Provides support to the team on the job tasks required for the movement of pipe and equipment repairs.
- Provides training and understanding of water mainlines and the need for proper pressure and repairs.
- Tracks irrigation parts-inventory and ensures repair parts are acceptable.
- Tracks and records the daily activities of the irrigators and the pipe movers in Trimble and ADP.
- Ensures all company safety and food safety policies and procedures are met.
- Facilitates continuous process improvement projects.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
Must be able to meet physical demands that include but not limited to:
Employee must be able to lift up-to 50 pounds frequently. Employees will be required to walk stand, kneel, stoop, and bend extensively. Employee must be able to use hand tools to perform maintenance, repairs, or basic upkeep of equipment. Employees must be able to work outdoors in inclement weather conditions, including rain, cold, heat, and high winds. Employees must be able to work in temperatures that can range from 30 degrees Fahrenheit to over 100 degrees Fahrenheit during the time of employment. Work is performed based on weather temperatures, employees must be able to work in the day, evening, or nights. Employees will be exposed to dusty conditions, exposed to mud, and other natural elements. This work may entail exposure to plant pollens, insects and noxious plants. At times the fields and crops will be treated with insect and/or disease control sprays, employees will be required to abide by the Worker Protection Standards and re-entry times.
- Must possess a high school diploma, general education diploma (GED) of equivalent experience in Agriculture.
- Must have a minimum of 1+ years of experience working with irrigation system in agriculture setting.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Must have an intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Must have good communication skills, Bi-lingual preferred.
- Must have strong organizational skills and ability to set and achieve goals.
- Ability to work as part of a team and communicate effectively.
- Ability to present information clearly and confidently in a group setting, and facilitating productive team meetings and trainings.
Duncan Family Farms is an equal opportunity employer