The people behind Ocean Mist Farms are our company's greatest assets. Dedicated, talented and diverse, our company takes pride in the part that we play, ensuring that Ocean Mist Farms' premium-quality vegetables arrive fresh on the plates of consumers around the world.
Many members of our team are long-time employees of 15 years or more, with several being second-generation employees of the company. We take pride in this sustainable employee model, providing competitive wages and job growth opportunities to families in our community.
The Food Safety and Quality Assurance Manager is directly responsible for overseeing Ocean Mist Farms’ Food Safety, Food Defense and Quality Assurance programs.
WHY JOIN OCEAN MIST FARMS?
You are passionate about food safety and providing the highest quality of products to customers. You enjoy educating customers, growers, harvesters and employees on food safety best practices. You enjoy a fast-paced environment and enjoy tackling a wide variety of challenges.
KEY ELEMENTS OF YOUR POSITION
- Reporting to the Director of Food Safety and Quality Assurance, the Food Safety and Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for Ocean Mist Farms’ Food Safety and Quality Assurance Programs.
- Supervising two Food Safety and Quality Assurance Supervisors, the Manager will ensure that food safety and quality regulations for farming, harvesting, cooling and transportation of our crops are met.
- Develop facility and farm SOPs according to GAP, GMP, NOP and other international standards, regulatory requirements and customer expectations.
- Coordinate third party audits, risk assessments, environmental sampling and supplier inspections.
- Implement and oversee third party auditing and in-house inspections of farms and facilities
- Manage reporting as required monthly, seasonally and by harvester. Review and manage facility and ranch records.
- Document and update the QA manual with changes, updates and new product specifications.
- Prepare and present training to field crews, supervisors and other personnel on key food safety and quality topics.
- Prepare and manage annual department budget.
- Give tours and prepare customer product presentation set up.
- Guide, train and mentor Food Safety and Quality Assurance team.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Biological Sciences or related field required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the fresh processing or agriculture industry in food safety and/or quality.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a supervisory role.
- Bilingual English and Spanish with the ability to communicate, read, write and translate at a proficient level is strongly desired.