The people behind Ocean Mist Farms are our company's greatest assets. Dedicated, talented and diverse, our company takes pride in the part that we play, ensuring that Ocean Mist Farms' premium-quality vegetables arrive fresh on the plates of consumers around the world.
Many members of our team are long-time employees of 15 years or more, with several being second-generation employees of the company. We take pride in this sustainable employee model, providing competitive wages and job growth opportunities to families in our community.
The Food Safety and Quality Assurance Supervisor is directly responsible for the day to day responsibilities of Ocean Mist Farms’ Food Safety, Food Defense and Quality Assurance programs.
WHY JOIN OCEAN MIST FARMS?
You are passionate about food safety and providing the highest quality of products to customers. You enjoy educating customers, growers, harvesters and employees on food safety best practices. You enjoy a fast-paced environment and enjoy tackling a wide variety of challenges.
KEY ELEMENTS OF YOUR POSITION
- Reporting to the Food Safety and Quality Assurance Manager, the Food Safety and Quality Assurance Supervisor is responsible for enforcing food safety and quality assurance policies.
- The Supervisor will oversee 3-5 Food Safety and Quality Assurance personnel.
- The Supervisor will ensure that the team are performing food safety and quality inspections according to the standards required for farming, harvesting, cooling and transportation of our crops are met.
- Effectively supervise and lead a diverse team in their day to day responsibilities.
- Oversee the coordination and review of all chemical/microbiological testing of crops as required by customers or company policies.
- Monitor and distribute rejection reports to all necessary parties.
- Verify team members are rating, testing and documenting product condition according to Ocean Mist Farms' standards
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Biological Sciences or related field is highly desired.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the fresh processing or agriculture industry in food safety and/or quality.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a supervisory role.
- Bilingual English and Spanish with the ability to communicate, read, write and translate at a proficient level is strongly desired.