Josie’s Organics are grown today in the same, fertile California valley where our grandparents, young Swiss immigrants Sebastian and Josie Braga, started farming in the 1920s. Now, keeping their high standards for quality, integrity and sustainability in mind, a third generation of Braga’s runs the family business.
As a young boy, our president and CEO, Rod Braga, fondly remembers watching “Nonnie Josie” hand-clipping leaves of baby lettuce. She served only the best seasonal produce to her family then, and today we tend the farm with the same care.
Sebastian and Josie would be proud. Nearly a century ago, they started out growing beets, tomatoes, onions, hay and corn. Today, along with employees who have been with the company since our youngest cousin was born, we harvest more than 25 varieties of premium, USDA certified organic fresh vegetables, and deliver them to people all over the world.
Essential Duties and Responsibility:
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient with computers utilizing Microsoft Windows, Windows applications, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Agrian
- Agrian training will be provided
- Ability to work and contribute in a team setting
- Strong organizational skills needed with ability to prioritize multiple assignments is critical
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, bi-lingual (Spanish/English) a definite plus
- Assist and coordinate with inventory management
- Assist and process accounts payable as necessary
- Assist with invoices and prepare them for distribution
- Accurate recordkeeping of invoices, delivery tags, and shipping documents for audit purposes
- Other duties as required
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES DESIRED:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous office support experience preferred
- Agriculture industry experience a plus
- Willingness to work overtime as needed
- 2-3 years of agricultural production experience
Competitive compensation, bonus, benefits, and 401-k plan