Reports to: Director of Safety, Director of HR, Ownership
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Hours: Mon through Friday; 8:00 am to 5 pm
BRIEF DESCRIPTION: This individual supports the Safety and HR Department in the Vino Farms’ Lodi office.
SAFETY SUPPORT: This position is responsible for a wide variety of tasks. A large part of the job is maintaining numerous records, databases, and online reporting to comply with requirements by county, state, and federal agencies, as well as with Vino Farms company policies.
Employment Training Panel: Assist with all aspects of the state funded employment training panel
California Aboveground Petroleum Storage Act (APSA) and U.S. Spill Prevention Counter Control Measures (SPCC): assist with management of these program
California Environmental Reporting System (CERS) a web based system linked to CA H&S Code: assist with management of recordkeeping and reporting
Maintain & verify receipt of training records for multiple mandated training subjects.
HUMAN RESOURCES SUPPORT: Responsibilities include administrative assistance with benefits management, workers compensation, answering employee questions, translating documents, maintaining employee and HR files, and general office functions such as filing, auditing records, archiving, preparing materials, and keyboarding. Knowledge of HR Practices and State & Federal Regulations for employment with the ability to gain HR certification in the future is necessary.
- Valid California driver license and clean DMV
Education & Experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience – preferably 2 years of HR and/or Safety experience
- 2 years college or equivalent
- HR training or certification a plus
- Experience with HRIS and payroll software a plus
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to sit and work at a desk for long periods of time
- Will occasionally be outside at ranches or assisting at meetings held in shops or barns.
- Casual dress appropriate.
- Some walking, standing, and bending
- Able to hear and speak into a telephone
- Close visual work on a computer monitor
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate any required to operate computer keyboard, mouse, and other technical instruments
- Some travel within California
- Must work on-site; no telecommuting permitted
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.