Growers Transplanting, Inc.
Hiring in two locations: Salinas, California and Southern District (Ventura, Oxnard, Camarillo, etc.)
Sales Account Manager establishes, develops, and nurtures the relationship between Growers Transplanting, Inc. and its customers by helping both parties obtain operational and business goals. Duties include servicing the account; ensuring product to be shipped meets quality standards set forth by the company; working in the field with individual plant accounts in addition to transplanting accounts. Sales Account Manager will be responsible for maintaining existing customers as well as securing new sales in California. Business travel 50%.
Essential Functions (Duties and Responsibilities)
- Achieve assigned sales goals and maintain trusted and professional relationships with accounts.
- Develop new business and penetrate existing accounts to achieve profitable sales growth.
- Share farming best practices with customers, assisting them in maximizing crop yields and quality; enabling GTI to attain its production sales and quality goals.
- Provide high-quality customer service to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Walk greenhouse production on a weekly basis, engage in crop analysis to provide crop quality and production estimates to customers.
- Manage transplanting operations for the southern district and ensure continuous process improvement towards efficiencies.
- Advise customers on product availability, pricing, quality and delivery window to obtain orders.
- Work closely with quality control, food safety, and occupational safety department to ensure quality standards are met.
- Give customer input to GTI’s field and production departments.
- Attend trade shows as company representative.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, clients, customers, the public.
- Maximize sales margins, manage prices and assist with oversight of account inventory management.
- Control expenses and operate within budget parameters.
- Perform any other related duties as required.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Experience)
- B.S. in Agribusiness, Crop Science, or pertinent field of study required.
- 8 + years of agriculture management, relationship-based sales experience required.
- Knowledge of general agricultural industry, horticultural farming techniques required.
- Must have a general sense of plant physiology, pathology, and nutrition.
- Requires sporadic travel from Salinas, CA to Sacramento, CA as well as areas which might be required. Business travel up to 50% of work time.
- Advanced math skills necessary: ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, ratios, and proportions to practical situations required.
- Incumbent must be proactive, energetic, a self-starter who can work independently.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written required.
- Microsoft Office Suite intermediate level skills necessary.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) conversational level speaking skills preferred.
- Valid CA Driver’s License; must maintain eligibility for company vehicle insurance.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; frequently required to talk or hear; and occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities by this job include close distance and color vision.
*This position description does not promise or imply that the functions listed in the Position Summary are the only duties to be performed or that the position may not change or be eliminated. Employees interested in learning more about the essential duties and responsibilities of this position should complete the Position Interest Form and submit it to the Human Resources Department.
We are in the fashion business. We set the bar high. We behave ourselves. We treat each other like family.
Headquartered in Salinas California with over 30 years of industry leadership Grower Transplanting Inc.is one of the largest greenhouse growing operations in the United States. We view our greenhouse operations as an essential building block for our ability to offer our customers a fully-inclusive, superior transplanting experience. With efficiency, quality and integrity, GTI continues to perform and develop innovative transplanting and cutting edge automation technologies as well as explore further advancements in sustainable agricultural practices.
Our culture is fast paced, entrepreneurial and collaborative – made up of passionate, and intelligent individuals, who are highly motivated as a team to drive the company and future capabilities forward with positive energy and excitement.
Job Type: Full-time