I. GENERAL SUMMARY:
The primary responsibility of the Equipment Repair and Maintenance Manager is to handle all the coordination of farm equipment repair and maintenance at all our farm locations.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Prioritize and foster a culture of employee safety within the repair and maintenance department.
• Provide input towards the annual budget and manage the maintenance department to ensure efficient/profitable operations and ongoing fiscal responsibilities as well as assist with strategic and operational planning;
• Collaborates with the various departments to handle any and all repairs of farm equipment.
• Develop and execute quality control standards that will ensure all equipment serviced by the shop meets a prescribed standard prior to release and use in the field.
• Develop and execute overall maintenance facility safety program. Participate on the safety committee. Provide safety training to all maintenance personnel. Maintain accurate records of safety trainings.
• Establish a plan, in collaboration with the crew leads, various mechanics and fabricators, to repair and/or fabricate any and all farm equipment in a timely manner.
• Responsible for work orders and the overall tracking of equipment repairs and maintenance in order to maintain accurate information and reporting in the RTA tracking system.
• Takes a macro view of the operations and all the equipment in use to establish a goal and a plan for minimizing repairs and fostering a comprehensive preventative maintenance program.
• Relationship building with inter-departmental personnel and to maintain and foster a culture of proactive customer relationships.
• Responsible for the overall mentoring and development of all the various team members responsible for all aspect’s equipment repair and maintenance.
• Work in tandem with parts clerks and supply chain to identify cost savings opportunities on parts and inventory.
• Foster a culture of innovation, assist with R&D of new equipment and technologies.
• Maintain compliance documentation for all repair and maintenance operations for the purpose of cost accounting and food safety traceability.
• Responsible for reporting and documenting hazardous waste with county and state agencies.
III. PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
Must be able to meet physical demands that include but are not limited to lifting up to 50lbs., sitting or standing for extended periods and working in inclement weather.
• Minimum of bachelor’s degree in ag. mechanics, or other related field of study or equivalent experience.
• 10+ years’ experience with farm equipment;
• Strong understanding of mechanical functions;
• Experience or strong emphasis on employee safety;
• Experience in organic vegetable/fruit production or knowledge in farming concepts and methods is a plus;
• Strong computer skills including database development and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Travel throughout the year required;
• Must be able to troubleshoot and be resourceful;
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to set and achieve goals;
• Ability to work as part of a team and communicate effectively;
• Excellent written and verbal skills;
• Process improvement and problem-solving skills;
• Willingness to learn and contribute to the success of the farm;
• Bilingual English/Spanish or willingness to learn;
• Valid driver’s license;
Duncan Family Farms is an equal opportunity employer