Position: National Food Safety & Quality Assurance
Department: National Food Safety & Quality Assurance (FSQA) Support Team
Reports to: Vice President Food Safety & Quality
This salaried, exempt position audits Taylor Farms manufacturing plants for compliance with customer, regulatory, and Taylor Farms FSQA program requirements.
- Develops and maintains internal FSQA facility audit criteria and checklists.
- Schedules and performs annual audits of all Taylor Farms manufacturing plants and co-packers:
- Thoroughly reviews completed facility FSQA process documentation for compliance.
- Audits GMP and process compliance through on-floor observation of employee activity
- Documents findings and communicates non-conformances to plant leadership and the National FSQA Support Team.
- Assigns non-conformance incidents to the appropriate process owner within the manufacturing plant.
- Coordinates tracking and completion of root cause analysis and corrective action implementation with the Quality Systems Specialist.
- Provides summary reports of audit findings to Taylor Farms management.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline.
- Minimum 3 years in a FSQA position in a food manufacturing environment, including experience in high risk RTE foods.
- Preventive Controls Qualified Individual certification.
- Thorough knowledge of the SQF Food Code.
- 85% travel is required in this position (domestic and international) and is based remotely.
- Valid driver’s license and U.S. Passport.
- Ability to spend significant amounts of time in refrigerated and/or frozen environments.
- For promotion consideration, must be willing to relocate to Taylor Farms manufacturing locations globally.