Come and be part of our Team!
We are seeking a highly talented, self-driven individual to further the growth of the company’s product line, this is a very unique opportunity to join a vibrant and growing company offering a highly entrepreneurial environment and an unmatched support team to maximize your success. For us is a key point find the right person with potential for advancement and ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
About us …
We are a leading importer, exporter, marketer and distributor of the best quality fresh vegetables. The diversity within our multicultural teams drives the company’s growth strategy through quality products, expertise, and commitments to excellence.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities
A Sr. Sales Representative is responsible for achieving the sales goals established by Sales Director and for managing the daily operations of Sales Program while ensuring the highest level of customer service, and develop and maintain new business relationships with key external distribution customers, and other key market influencers.
- Produce and manage proﬁtable customer sales for mutual success.
- Identify and pursue new customer opportunities.
- Provide input to Sales Director to help establish sales goals.
- Create and implement strategies to meet established goals.
- Analyze sales activities and trends.
- Communicate with the Shipping Dept. to ensure accuracy with customer orders.
- Communicate with other departments as needed to ensure the smooth workflow for the department and company.
- Responsible for developing long-term relationships with identified partners and customers.
- Organizes, tracks, and presents results.
- Travel: Customer visits and industry functions as needed.
- Other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- BA/BS, Business or related field preferred; equivalent experience may be acceptable.
- Minimum 5 years of successful experience in produce sales positions, account management, with retail, wholesale, and/or foodservice clients; and knowledge of the produce industry is required.
- Ability to work in a team, talent for making sales and aggressively develop new business.
- Must have existing book of business.
- Effective negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Excellent and effective communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to multi-task and strong organization skills.
- Ability to maintain confidential information. Able to operate with the highest ethics and integrity at all-times.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Excel, Outlook and word.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to work independently, promote, sell and procure new business.
- Knowledge of Famous Software a plus.
- Asparagus commodity sales experience a plus.
- Bi-Lingual in Spanish a plus, but not required.
- Logistics experience a plus.
Please submit the following documents below:
Cover letter, current resume and list of three professional references.
If you meet the qualifications listed below, we strongly encourage you to apply for this position!