The Procurement Manager is responsible for coordinating the purchase and delivery of all needed raw materials on a just-in-time basis to satisfy the daily/weekly demand schedules of the value-added processing plant. This includes ensured that the established raw sourcing plan is optimized to deliver the highest quality and best economics to the facility.
ABOUT OCEAN MIST FOODS
Headquartered in Castroville, California, Ocean Mist Foods is the value-added operation of Ocean Mist Farms, a leader in the fresh produce industry. This wholly-owned subsidiary, Ocean Mist Foods, will expand on the award-winning Season & Steam line and develop new convenient items for our consumers.
WHY JOIN OCEAN MIST FOODS?
You are an accomplished value-added leader and want the opportunity to bring your knowledge and expertise to make a significant impact. You are motivated by the opportunity to join
If you want to build a function integral to the company’s growth, this is the right opportunity for you.
KEY ELEMENTS OF YOUR POSITION
- Reporting to the VP of Operations, the Procurement Manager is solely responsible for the purchase and delivery of all raw material needed to satisfy the demand of the value-added processing plant.
- This position will ensure that required raw product levels are met by strategically working with sales, harvest operations and outside vendors.
- Collaborate daily with plant and harvest operations on raw material demand planning and forecasts.
- Proactively seek ways to improve the effectiveness and efficiently of purchasing processes and tools to support the needs of the business.
- Strategically develop and optimize the supplier network to meet supply requirements.
- Develop, monitor and refine KPIs and metrics for both raw product and sales information.
- Conduct market research and analysis for benchmarking current costs and projecting trends.
- Support new products and packaging through development, trial, commercialization phases.
- Identify supply risks and develop contingency plans to mitigate potential issues. Recommend alternative materials and/or supplies to ensure secure supply.
- Act as an innovation scout for new technologies and sustainable packaging solutions.
- Coordinates with regional departments to ensure consistent quality and smooth flows of product and information.
- Oversee negotiation of contract pricing and structured fobs by commodity weekly within given timetables to ensure value, quality, availability, and food safety.
- Manages vendor relations and supplier development with selected vendors.
- Manages quality control, product rejections and resolves vendor disputes.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 7 years of experience with operational purchasing, perishable good preferred;
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations, Business or other closely related field.
- Must be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to communicate in English and Spanish at a fluent level is highly desired.