Are you someone who enjoys the fast paced, ever changing produce industry? PRO*ACT is looking for a produce veteran to join our team in Monterey as an Account Manager. This role works on behalf of our distributors while collaborating with our sourcing team and suppliers. Applying candidates must be a willing participant of a cohesive team, embrace multitasking and have superior communication skills with the utmost attention to detail.
PRO*ACT is America’s leading distributor of fresh produce to the fresh food industry, utilizing its network of over 50 distribution companies operating over 70 third-party inspected, independently owned distribution centers across the United States and Canada. PRO*ACT sources perishable product from premier local, national and regional suppliers and markets a one-call solution to fresh food operators who benefit from PRO*ACT’s category cost management through commodity contract pricing, in-house consultation services, and integrated produce program distribution management.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in stressful situations
- Must be able to problem solve with minimal oversight
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must possess strong negotiating skills with a high focus on customer service
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and Smartsheet a plus!
- 3-5 Years produce experience
- Some travel may be required
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Wellness Plan
- Paid Time Off
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer