Tanimura & Antle has been the industry leader for over 35 years and believes the best years are yet to come. Tanimura and Antle is an employee owned Company that believes our success is derived from our employees’ quality, service and innovation.
The Accounting Analyst will be responsible for timely and accurate reporting of departmental financial statements. The ideal candidate possesses an eagerness to learn and has great attention to detail. This position has an operational focus and must have the ability to communicate effectively with operational employees to identify and resolve problems and discrepancies.
The primary responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Perform period end closing procedures, including monthly accruals, journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
- Responsible for departmental budgets
- Responsible for departmental finance statements and variance reports
- Review, code and approve vendor invoices for accuracy
- Enter and maintain purchase orders and data tables
- Create and maintain accurate spreadsheets
- Assist with special projects, which will include evaluating processes, identifying issues, making recommendations and following through to resolution
- Other duties as assigned by the Finance Controller.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Training and/or Experience: Bachelor’s Degree with concentration in Accounting
Language and Communication Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the ability to communicate effectively and respond to questions, including over the phone, email and in person. Must have excellent written, verbal interpersonal and cross-cultural skills to communicate and work with employees across various Departments, as well as team-members and management.
Mathematical Skills: Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and apply concepts (fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions) to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Must have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer Skills: Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel), databases, queries and internet software
- Must be a team player with a can-do attitude and ability to partner effectively with operational counter parts
- Ability to independently manage multiple high priority tasks simultaneously and juggle multiple people’s demands
Other Qualifications: Must be able to work full-time during normal business hours, with occasional travel as needed. On occasion, this position will require working on the weekends and outside normal business hours to assist payroll and other duties as required and approved by the Finance Controller.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment: In this position, the employee will sit at a desk and operate a computer, and keyboard; hear; talk; stand; walk; have visual acuity to review and prepare written documentation; have the ability to understand speech at normal room levels and on the telephone; and have manual dexterity to operate a telephone and computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.