Experienced Sales Representative – Pittsburgh and Surrounding Area
Paragon Foods is the premier distributor of fresh foods to the restaurant and food-service industry in Western Pennsylvania. We operate an 88,000 square foot distribution facility in Warrendale, PA, located 18 miles north of Pittsburgh. Our fresh-cut produce division, JustCut, is a SQF certified operation with a state-of-the-art production facility attached to our distribution center.
The Experienced Sales Representative position will sell fresh and specialty food products to the food service business channel which includes white tablecloth, fast casual, QSR restaurant, healthcare, B&I, K-12 and university establishments. The majority of each work day will be spent in an assigned territory actively cultivating new business opportunities, meeting with current customers to identify additional business opportunities and cold calling prospective customers. The ability to manage your own schedule and the desire to go above and beyond for our customers are keys to success in this position.
The Experienced Sales Representative position will be serving a territory surrounding the Pittsburgh, PA, area. The ideal candidate will be based somewhere that provides easy access to this entire territory. Travel to Paragon’s Warrendale, PA, location will be required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 5 years of outside sales experience with track record of sales success in food service sector
- Strong closing and cold calling skills (60% of work time will be focused on new business acquisition)
- Relationship management with a strong focus on customer service
- A passion for high quality food
- Strong negotiation skills with ability to resolve problems
- Acquire new customers and sell additional products to existing customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office products, particularly Outlook and Excel
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and required insurance
- Time management and organization skills
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment and background check