Department: Technical Services
Reports to: Sanitation Manager
Work site: San Juan Bautista CA (April – third week of November) and Yuma Arizona (fourth week of November – March)
Summary. The Sanitation Supervisor must possess educational background and technical aptitude as it relates to food plant sanitation programs, chemical handling and Food Safety programs. A general knowledge of Food and environmental microbiological testing as well as preventative measures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Helps develop and implement strategic sanitation program, policies, plans and processes to ensure that sanitary performance meets True Leaf standards as well as supports Food Safety requirement towards regulatory compliance
- Manages annual sanitation plan, budget forecast and performance
- Manage sanitation Chemical supply and inventory
- Ensure that the plant is cleaned daily and ready to start production on time
- Maintain a safe work environment by properly implementing the IIPP (Injury Illness Prevention Programs) – Always raise safety awareness for chemical handling and equipment operation with Tag out Lock out training
- Ensure that the company food safety guidelines are implemented daily
- Maintain good communication with subordinates, peers and other members of management
- Train and set safety goals for sanitation crew.
- Participate in audits, facility inspections and coordinate pre-operational inspection with QC Management
- Clearly communicate expectation to sanitation employees
Education and/or Experience
Two-year college degree in agriculture or science related field, or two years’ experience in vegetable planting, harvesting and/or processing.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Must have the knowledge and skills required to work in a fast paced and challenging environment both inside and around the facility as well as receiving and cooling yard.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish required.
- Must be able to work day and/or afternoon shifts as required by the job.
- Knowledge of the GMP, HACCP and Environmental sanitation program is preferred
- Experience with third party regulatory agencies such as AIB, Silliker, Primus GFS, SQF California Department of Food and Agriculture, FDA, Davis Fresh, SAI Global Audit scheme preferred.
- Must be able to relocate to our different processing areas.