At Duncan Family Farms, we believe our primary responsibility is to produce clean, healthy, life-giving food. We are also committed to making a strong contribution to an improved environment and to giving back to our community. Our vision is to be the best customer-centric organic grower by any standard. We value safety; we are passionate about excellence; we are committed to integrity; we care about our community, our people and our environment; we work together, never apart; and we respect and value all our relationships. Duncan Family Farms is based in Goodyear, Arizona, and has ranches in multiple states across the United States.
The Harvest Manager will perform vital functions of the harvests operations in a manner that is economically successful, strategically oriented, and technically innovative. The Harvest Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the harvest sales & daily harvest operations, including overseeing team development, managing the harvest Crew Leads and managing the forecasting as well as executing the day to day cultural harvesting practices.
- Leads the team responsible for overseeing the baby leaf and vegetable harvest and ensures the coordination of the harvest and cooling capacity and yields of all varieties of baby leaf and vegetable products.
- Collaborates with other departments to identify, deploy, and leverage opportunities for continuous improvements applicable to the harvest department.
- Leads team responsible for forecasting and sales.
- Ensures all work meets farm’s quality standards, certified organic standards, and food safety standards.
- Ensures practices and protocols contribute towards consistent and premium quality crop which contributes towards profitability and growing of the company.
- Responsible for the Harvest Department budget. Partners with the Accounting and Finance staff to ensure reporting is provided timely and accurate.
- Leads a culture of people and food safety and ensures compliance within these areas through effective management of personnel and processes.
- Provides leadership and motivation to team to achieve goals and resolve issues, conducts annual performance evaluations and provides timely feedback.
- Works closely with the People Operations department for workforce planning and recruitment of team members to include H-2A and Farm Labor Contractors.
- Leads and implements systems and processes to maintain a highly engaged workforce.
- May be responsible for additional ad-hoc projects and processes depending on business needs and activities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the harvest manager will work in an office setting as well as outdoors in the farm areas. The harvest manager frequently is required to stand for an extended period of time, walk and sit and occasionally lift up to 50 lbs. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The environmental exposure is seasonal outdoor temperature. This position will be required to travel at least 50% throughout the various farms.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Agribusiness, Finance, or relevant field of study or minimum of 10 + years of related work experience required.
• Bilingual-Spanish/English preferred.
• Experience leading teams and developing talent.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage customer relationships.
• Understanding of the plant life cycle.
• Advanced meeting facilitation skills.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to develop and achieve goals.
• Ability to work as part of a team and communicate effectively.
• Process improvement and problem-solving skills.
Duncan Family Farms is an equal opportunity employer