Summary of Duties and Responsibilities: A Section Grower at Skagit Horticulture is responsible for the care of his/her assigned crops including: water/fertility and media monitoring and management, control of environmental conditions of the crop, scouting for pests and diseases, application of routine pesticides, growth regulators and record keeping,
Responsibilities are as follows:
Water/Fertility and Media Management
- Determine irrigation needs, apply irrigation as needed
- Monitor fertilization levels of the crop and apply fertilizers as needed
- Routinely test media EC and pH levels, monitor crops for nutrient problems, and take appropriate actions.
Monitor Conditions of the Crop:
- Monitor environmental conditions to provide crops with best attainable environmental conditions through proper use of heating, cooling equipment and light management.
- Check crops for readiness for shipping or transplant and work with transplant personnel to have material ready for transplant on time.
Pest and Growth Regulator Management:
- Scout your area on a regular schedule for pest and disease issues,
- With advice of Grower, determine control measures for pest problems, apply routine pesticides
- Maintain crops within agreed upon standards with prompt and judicious use of PGR’s and cultural height control measures
- Maintain required records and see that worker protection standards are followed.
- Obtain and maintain Washington State Private Applicator status and stay current with new chemicals, application methods, and regulations
Weekend and holiday rotations:
- Cross train to assist in coverage of propagation or stock areas for weekends and holidays.
- Work with Grower and Move Supervisor to find the best possible space available for crops
- Keep crop consolidated and promptly dispose of substandard plants
Our Section Grower at Skagit Horticulture is responsible for the care of his/her assigned crops including water/fertility and media monitoring and management, control of environmental conditions of the crop, scouting for pests and diseases, application of routine pesticides, growth regulators and record keeping.
- Water fertility, media management, Routine tests for EC pH levels and crop nutrients.
- Crop conditions, germ checks, customer orders and maturation reports.
- Pest and growth management, pest and disease issues, worker protection, SOPs, PGR's and cultural height control measures.
- Record keeping, space management, and safe business practices.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Applicants must be available for weekend work including many Saturdays during the spring season.
Skagit Horticulture is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability