SunWest Fruit Company, Inc. has an immediate opening for an Accountant/Analyst and is responsible but not limited to assisting in the month and closing process from journal entries, accruals and account reconciliations. Cross trained in all accounting functions to assist during peak times or absence of staff. Must be willing to participate with a positive attitude to handle any task given no matter how big or small.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for some accounting activities related to the general ledger, accounts receivables, payables and crop accounting.
- Ensure all accounting reconciliations and reports are completed as required.
- Perform special projects and additional assignments, as assigned, to support the department.
- Participate in cross training efforts that support development and provide departmental coverage.
- Contribute to developing processes to streamline timely reporting of accounting information.
Qualifications & Skills Required
- BA in Accounting
- Minimum of 3 years experience in accounting role.
- Bilingual English and Spanish preferred but not required.
- FAMOUS software experience preferred.
- Proficiency in MS software, Excel and 10 key.
- Strong ability to analyze and think strategically.
- Must demonstrate the highest level of integrity, ethical behavior be able to maintain confidential information.
- Team player who can work well with all levels of employees and management.
- Positive can do attitude and self-motivated.
- Must be able to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail and a desire to assume new responsibilities.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to provide creative solutions.
- Initiative to resolve and research problems.
This position is a full time employment. We offer competitive wages and benefits along with the opportunity for personal growth within the company. SunWest Fruit Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.