Are you looking for the opportunity to join a great company that is growing, and truly cares about its employees?
Are you someone who has expertise in the Food Safety/Sanitation Industry, who is continually working to develop your managerial skills and knowledge?
If so, you are the person we are searching for!!
Sanitation Specialists has an excellent opportunity for one of our most respected and specialized roles - the Food Safety Sanitation Manager
Compensation: Highly Competitive, based on candidates specific skills and experience
Complete Benefits Package which includes Kaiser/Anthem Health Insurance, Dental, 401k, Life Insurance, and more!
Added Bonus- Rewards and Recognition Events where we celebrate and reward our employee's contributions and work achievements!
We are searching for an outstanding Sanitation Manager, one of the most critical roles in our Sanitation Specialists - Sanitation Division. Serving as a bridge between our customers, supervisors, and human resources, the Sanitation Area Manager has a great deal of responsibility in ensuring the success of operations. The Sanitation Manager serves as an important source of information and is expected to relay any pertinent information to human resources and/or our corporate office in Watsonville, CA. The Sanitation Manager works under/reports to the VP of Operations.
The Sanitation Manager is expected to be hands-on and well informed of any events/issues occurring at each facility. The Sanitation manager is also required to attend meetings with the customer's leadership team and operations staff, to ensure that all goals and customer needs are being met through the service we provide. The ability to be flexible based on our customer's needs is absolutely vital to this person's success in this role.
More information on this role can be found below:
- Supervise and coordinate all sanitation activities with assigned Supervisors
- Schedule, train, coach, counsel all assigned staff
- Conduct Supervisor performance reviews
- Motivate, coach, and encourage staff to reach their maximum potential
- Issue and/of recommend Disciplinary Actions when necessary.
- Analyze sanitation metrics, standards, budget
- Coordinate sanitation activities with production, maintenance, and quality control management
- Adhere to developed cleaning methods and procedures which are designed to eliminate operating problems, and improve sanitation efficiency
- Ensure documentation, review and compile assuring audit readiness at all times
- Follow Lock Out/Tag Out and HAZCOM programs
- Follow equipment ATP testing, data interpretation and corrective action as needed
- Oversee the chemistry and resource management at assigned locations
- Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with our best practices, policies, procedures and applicable laws
- Lead by example, modeling team readiness and dependability
- Follow and assist in the review of the Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Safe Quality Food standards (SQF), Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), and enforcement as well of all established Safety rules and practices
Other Skills, Education & Specialized Knowledge
- Minimum 3 years' experience as a Sanitation Manager/Supervisor in a food manufacturing environment preferred
- Understanding of GMP's, SQF, BRC, HACCP, Sanitation, practices/auditing, quality programs, preventative maintenance programs
- Possess an understanding of industrial sanitation theory, chemistry and chemistry verification techniques
- Demonstrated ability in carrying out verification and validation of specialized cleaning procedures
- Understand and comply with government regulations relating to OSHA, FDA and EPA
- Able to follow written or verbal instructions, communicate clearly as well as demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to communicate protocols in English and Spanish