Deadline to Apply: All applications will be considered until the position is filled. The position will be filled based on the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Tanimura & Antle is an employee owned Company and the industry leader of fresh produce for over 37 years. Tanimura & Antle attributes its success to our loyal and dedicated employees and our future is brighter than ever.
Our mission is to provide Quality, Service, and Innovation by employees exhibiting the right Principles, Ownership and Accountability.
Position Summary: The Product Support & Sales Lead will support a diverse set of activities in driving our sales and profitability for our Greenhouse operation. This position will serve as the point person between production and sales and will act from an informed position regarding production forecast, sales, promotional activity and potential inventory exposure. The Production Support & Sales Lead will direct sales support, and ensure that the Company has sufficient sales activities lined up to support production numbers. This position will focus on Logistics, Insight & Analytics, and will work with the team to determine freight opportunities including improved landed cost to customers and freight revenue. This position will have category management responsibility to understand consumer data and by what means to process and turn that information into action recommendations for the business. This position must be able to communicate effectively and succinctly with all areas of the Company. The successful candidate must possess a unique blend of business and technical prowess, and operate with an entrepreneurial mindset to examine opportunities that will drive the business forward.
The essential duties and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage many aspects of the product line life cycle – Production planning / Forecasting including planting schedules – Sales pipeline management – Daily/Ad Pricing – In conjunction with the VP of Business Development & CEA
- Identify market requirements for potential new items based on data and market intelligence
- Directly support R&D process
- Drive innovative solutions in all area’s through understanding of market requirements, contract pricing and levels, and positioning
- Support the VP of Business Development & CEA in developing and implementing market strategies for product lines and working across departments to execute
- Understand logistics and develop optimal supply chain networks
- Examine large sets of data and present in a relevant way to the business
- Must have reliable, predictable attendance and punctuality
- Must be able to travel on business and be away from home for an extended period of time
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education Training and/or Experience
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) or higher. A combination of relevant work experience and/or training may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Logistics, data analytics and product management experience preferred but not required.
Communication Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the ability to communicate effectively and respond to questions, including over the phone, email and in person. Must have excellent written, verbal interpersonal and cross-cultural skills to communicate and work with employees, team-members, supervisor, management, and external stakeholders.
Mathematical Skills: Must have the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and business math.
Reasoning Ability: Must have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Able to troubleshoot and problem-solve.
Computer Skills: Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and have experience in E1 and Internet Software.
Other Qualifications: Must be able to work full-time during normal business hours. On occasion, this position will require working on the weekends and outside normal business hours as required and approved by the VP of Business Development & CEA.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Promotes a positive Company image, and supports the Finance Department efforts.
- Must be able to maintain and abide by confidentiality.
- Must understand overall employee, Department, and Company priorities as it relates to Product Management priorities.
- Must be a team player with a can-do attitude and be goal driven.
- Must work well with minimal supervision, take initiative, be a self-starter, have a sense of urgency and be process driven.
- Must prioritize workload, track and follow-up with pending matters.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment, have excellent communication and organizational skills and great attention to detail.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment: In this position, the employee will sit at a desk and operate a computer, and keyboard; hear; talk; stand; walk; have visual acuity to review and prepare written documentation; have the ability to understand speech at normal room levels and on the telephone; and have manual dexterity to operate a telephone and computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision. Position could have up to 10% travel.