Deadline to Apply: All applications will be considered until the position is filled. The position will be filled based on the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Tanimura & Antle is an employee owned Company and the industry leader of fresh produce for over 37 years. Tanimura & Antle attributes its success to our loyal and dedicated employees and our future is brighter than ever. Our mission is to provide Quality, Service, and Innovation by employees exhibiting the right Principles, Ownership and Accountability.
Position Summary: As Senior Harvest Analyst, you will be responsible for integrity of data and timely reporting of Financial Statements and General Ledger. This includes administering company policies and procedures combined with bottom line profitability.
The essential duties and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform period end closing procedures, including monthly accruals, journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, financial statement preparation and analysis.
- Assist with special projects, be able to evaluate processes, identify issues, make recommendations and follow through to resolution.
- Assist Harvest Controller and Vice President with departmental budget and profit estimate.
- Review and ensure the integrity of system tables.
- Provide accounting, financial and system support, assist with projects as assigned by manager.
- Communicate with operational managers, department employees and other professionals to resolve issues.
- Develop and mentor subordinate positions if necessary.
- Must have reliable, predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Occasional travel as needed.
Supervisory Responsibilities: As needed.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education Training and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field.
- Minimum two years of experience in General Ledger and Financial Reporting. Cost accounting experience is highly desirable.
Communication Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the ability to communicate effectively and respond to questions, including over the phone, email and in person. Must have strong written and verbal interpersonal skills to communicate and work with everyone, in the field, Cooler, customers, team members, supervisor, management, and external stakeholders. Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions.
Mathematical Skills: Must have ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and apply concepts (fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions) to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Must have excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to solve problems with a variety of variables and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written or verbal form.
Computer Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, databases, queries and internet software.
Other Skills, Abilities and Attributes:
- Must be able to work full-time during normal business hours. On occasion, this position will require working on the weekends and outside normal business hours.
- Ability to independently manage multiple high priority tasks simultaneously and juggle multiple people's demands.
- Must be a team player with a can-do attitude and ability to collaborate effectively with operational counter parts.
- Promotes a positive Company image, and supports the Finance Department efforts.
- Must be able to maintain and abide by confidentiality.
- Must understand overall employee, Department, and Company priorities.
- Must be a team player with a can-do attitude and be goal driven.
- Must work well with minimal supervision, take initiative, be a self-starter, have a sense of urgency and be process driven.
- Must prioritize workload, track and follow-up with pending matters.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment, have excellent communication and organizational skills and great attention to detail.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment: In this position, the employee will sit at a desk and operate a computer, and keyboard; hear; talk; stand; walk; have visual acuity to review and prepare written documentation; have the ability to understand speech at normal room levels and on the telephone; and have manual dexterity to operate a telephone and computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.