Deadline to Apply: All applications will be considered as received. The position will be filled based on the candidates qualifications and experience.
Tanimura & Antle is an employee owned Company and the industry leader of fresh produce for over 37 years. Tanimura & Antle attributes its success to our loyal and dedicated employees and our future is brighter than ever.
Our mission is to provide Quality, Service, and Innovation by employees exhibiting the right Principles, Ownership and Accountability.
Position Summary: The Accounting Technician will play a key role in supporting a team of accountants and will be responsible for various responsibilities to ensure timely and accurate financial statements. The ideal candidate possesses knowledge of the fresh produce industry and an eagerness to learn and has great attention to detail. This position has an operational focus and is therefore cross-functional, where flexibility is vital to meet Department and Company goals and deadlines.
The essential duties and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborate with our Harvest and Receiving Teams to assist the Payroll Team in producing accurate and timely payroll.
- Collaborate with our Sales, Carton Yard, and Cooler Receiving Teams to document and reconcile the movement of rented pallets and other materials.
- Review invoice for accuracy and code invoice.
- Enter data and maintain accurate spreadsheets.
- Work effectively, collaborate as a team member, and promote a positive Company image.
- Other duties as assigned by the Finance Controller
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Training and/or Experience
A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) or higher. A combination of relevant work experience and/or training may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Must be bilingual in English and Spanish and be able to effectively present information and respond to questions in both languages.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the ability to communicate effectively and respond to questions, including over the phone, email and in person. Must have excellent written, verbal interpersonal and cross-cultural skills to communicate and work with employees, team-members, supervisor, management, and external stakeholders.
Must have the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Must have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Able to troubleshoot and problem-solve.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and have experience in E1 and Internet Software.
Must be able to work full-time during normal business hours. On occasion, this position will require working on the weekends and outside normal business hours to assist payroll and other duties as required and approved by the Finance Controller.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Promotes a positive Company image, and supports the Finance Department efforts.
- Must be able to maintain and abide by confidentiality.
- Must understand overall employee, Department, and Company priorities as it relates to financial priorities.
- Must be a team player with a can-do attitude and be goal driven.
- Must work well with minimal supervision, take initiative, be a self-starter, have a sense of urgency and be process driven.
- Must prioritize workload, track and follow-up with pending matters.
- Must have reliable, predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment, have excellent communication and organizational skills and great attention to detail.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment
In this position, the employee will sit at a desk and operate a computer, and keyboard; hear; talk; stand; walk; have visual acuity to review and prepare written documentation; have the ability to understand speech at normal room levels and on the telephone; and have manual dexterity to operate a telephone and computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
Accounting Jobs - Administrative Jobs - Fresh Cut Jobs - Agriculture Jobs - Entry Level Jobs