Based in the heart of California’s fertile San Joaquin Valley and caring for over 27,000 acres, Agriland focuses on crops that take advantage of the uniqueness of California’s climate and soil. These include pistachios, almonds, walnuts, grapes, citrus, and figs – crops that are not labor intensive, which are more efficiently farmed through mechanization, and can be stored for extended periods of time after harvest for minimized price volatility. We are currently searching for motivated individuals who exhibit the right principals and accountability.
Position Summary: The Accounting Analyst will be responsible for timely and accurate reporting of financial statements. The ideal candidate possesses an eagerness to learn and has great attention to detail. This position has an operational focus and must have the ability to communicate effectively.
Job Title: ACCOUNTANT ANALYST
Location: Madera / Chowchilla Area
Reports to: Director of Finance
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in the monthly close process including reconciling and analyzing general ledger accounts
- Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue, and expense journal entries by compiling and analyzing transaction/job cost detail information and preparing backup support for the journal entries
- Initiate and process journal entries for inter-company transactions on a monthly basis by collecting necessary data, analyzing and/or allocating costs
- Maintain Excel worksheets for tracking of data and potential import into software systems
- Prepare financial analysis reports
- Participate in the monthly billing procedures including providing/organizing supporting documents and inter-company invoicing
- Monitor new vendors, tracking of W-9’s and year end preparation of 1099’s
- Provide information and assistance to other departments by explaining account transactions and resolving accounting issues
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance.
- Knowledge of the basic methods, terminology and practices of generally accepted accounting principles including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and General Ledger
- Working knowledge of computerized accounting systems; QuickBooks experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (including Microsoft Word)
- Intermediate Excel knowledge (i.e. Vlookup, pivot tables)
- Ability to work in a multi-entity environment
- Systems-oriented, detailed, and organized with excellent follow-up skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication skills required
- Ability to manage large amounts of data
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality
Qualifications & Physical requirements:
Must be able to work full-time during the normal business hours of 8-5, Monday thru Friday. The employee will sit at a desk and computer, and keyboard; talk, stand, walk; have visual acuity to review and prepare written documentation; have the ability to understand speech at normal room levels and on the telephone; and have manual dexterity to operate a telephone and computer.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance preferred
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience required in general ledger computerized accounting systems in addition to experience in financial analysis
Classification, Benefits, & Compensation
Compensation based on Job-Specific Experience and abilities
Agriland Farming offers a competitive benefit program that includes holiday, vacation, and dependent scholarships; a Group Health Program that consists of medical, dental, and vision plans as well as a 401k retirement plan.
Agriland Farming is Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Veteran
Accounting Jobs - Administrative Jobs - Agriculture Jobs