Smith Gardens has an exciting opportunity for a Transplanting Supervisor to join our team at our Marysville, WA site.
Smith Gardens is a Wholesale Nursery company that is headquartered in Bellingham Washington, and has been family owned for over 100 years with facilities in three states.
Opened in 1988, our Marysville location is the largest site of the Smith Gardens family consisting of 60 acres, with 500,000 square feet of greenhouse space. Marysville is the primary site for perennial production, but also grows mums, hanging baskets and annuals.
Schedule and organize the day to day operations of the transplanting department. Mentor and train leads and staff members.
- Supervise and train transplant crews on most efficient and safe practices to ensure proper execution of daily production.
- Schedule daily work load for all lines.
- Print transplant reports and verify locations.
- Work closely with PICAS Coordinator to verify required materials have been received.
- Ensure correct UPC’s, t-tags and other labels are being used.
- Develop thorough understanding of transplant standards and work closely with crew to achieve them.
- Verify existing rates and assist with updating.
- Work closely with soil room attendant to ensure correct soil mix and equipment function.
- Check locations and oversee lay down and watering practices.
- Operate and program transplant equipment.
- Focus on Safety and Quality Control
- Keep notes and records and assist with writing SOP’s and other training materials.
- Review time sheets for accuracy and implement schedules.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 1-3 Years Supervisory experience
- Comprehensive plant and production knowledge, understands flow process, identify problems, creating solutions, stays on budget target and rates
- Organized with ability to prioritize projects
- Team building, employee relations (attendance, discipline, training), sets clear expectations
- Ability to work under deadlines
- MS Excel and Word Experience and proficiency
- Ability to work flexible hours and shifts, including weekends and holidays as needed.
- Ability to have clear written expectation and communication.
- Lifting (10-30lbs) Overhead
- Pushing/pulling empty and full racks
- Carrying (10-30lbs)
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
To learn more about our company & view a more detailed job description, visit our website at smithgardens.com/careers.We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including immediate PTO accrual, Medical, Dental and Vision after 30 days plus matching 401(k) and Company-Paid LTD. Apply today!
We look forward to hearing from you!
The above is intended to describe the general content of and qualifications for the job. It is not an exhaustive statement of all functions, duties or qualifications.
Smith Gardens provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.
Seed Jobs - Greenhouse Jobs - Agriculture Jobs - Management Jobs - Agrilculture Engineering/Technology Jobs