Organically Grown Company is seeking a full time Warehouser II for our Receiving Department in our Portland, OR facility. Founded in 1978, Organically Grown Company (OGC) is the largest organic produce distributor in the Pacific Northwest. From locations in Oregon and Washington, OGC works with more than 300 growers and vendors to market and distribute produce to over 500 retail, wholesale and restaurant customers throughout the greater Pacific Northwest and beyond. OGC has been recognized as a leader in sustainable business practices including sourcing 100% renewable energy in facilities, operating our own Clean Air certified truck fleet, and supporting fair trade and charitable giving.
Primary Job Functions:
- Receives inbound product from growers and checking for order accuracy.
- Uses warehouse equipment to put-away inbound product in correct rack location based on established pick paths and dedicated slotting instructions.
- Regularly reviews pallets and restacks, rotates, verifies dates codes when applicable.
- Completes receiving records timely and accurately.
- Builds customer orders accurately.
- Replenishes product from racks to floor locations.
- Conducts inventory accuracy tasks.
- Maintains GMP and GFSI standards for warehouse, self and team including completing warehouse and facility cleanliness
- Must be flexible and agile to support OGC business needs and mission, and may be assigned projects and/or other duties outside of normal job functions to meet the needs and demands of the business.
Required Education, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs on occasion, with regular lifting of 40lbs to 50lbs required.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of 1 year of related work experience; preferred experience in a warehouse or logistics environment.
- Able to safely operate or learn how to safely operate warehouse equipment, such as forklift, rider jacks, etc.
- Ability to adhere to a set schedule, and ability to be flexible with scheduling changes as they arise.
- Ability to work cohesively in a team environment; able to switch tasks quickly and efficiently as needed.
- Knowledge of produce handling and food safety requirements including GFSI & GMP.
- General computer knowledge and ability to utilize email systems.
Our Receiving Department operates from 6:30am to 5:00pm, seven days per week and on certain days/in certain seasons later hours may be necessary. For this position, scheduled shifts on some days may be 10:00-6:00, 11:00-7:00 or 12:00-8:00 to ensure evening coverage for late arrival. This position may be filled as five, eight hour shifts or four, ten hour shifts depending on business needs and one weekend or both traditional weekend days (Sat/Sun) may be required.
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Company paid Life & Disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Access to 401(k) with Employer Match
- Access to free and discounted delicious organic produce
- Lots of other perks!
OGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment free from all forms of unlawful discrimination and that a diverse workforce creates a better workplace. It is our policy that employment decisions for all applicants and employees will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other characteristics protected under local, state or federal law. Additionally, OGC will afford reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employees with a known disability, unless providing such accommodation creates an undue hardship on OGC’s operations.
Organic Jobs - Warehouse Jobs - Packinghouse Jobs - Agriculture Jobs - Quality Assurance Jobs