Warmerdam Packing LLC, headquartered in Hanford, California, packs, cools and ships premium cherries, plum cherries, pomegranates and kiwi. Our farming division, New Excelsior Farming LLC, is one of the largest cherry growers in the southern San Joaquin Valley and farms over 1,500 acres of cherries, plum cherries, and kiwi. Warmerdam Packing, LLC also packs over 1,000 acres worth of cherries for outside growers and over 2,400 acres of pomegranates for a premier valley grower.
We have an immediate opening for a Human Resources Manager to join our growing team.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for overseeing the Human Resources and Safety teams and ensuring we attract and hire the most talented employees and keep them safe at work. The Human Resources Manager directly supervises the HR assistants and safety monitors and reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Manage employee recruitment, onboarding, training and development
- Manage and implement health and safety programs to ensure compliance with laws, regulations and company policies, but most importantly, to ensure employee safety
- Manage workers’ compensation costs and claims
- Develop, implement, monitor and enforce company policies and procedures to ensure compliance at all levels within the company
- Manage and resolve employee relations issues that are escalated from supervisors to HR
- Primary liaison with legal counsel and workers’ compensation broker and carrier
- Work closely with the payroll department to ensure employees are paid in a timely, compliant, and precise manner and that benefit programs are competitive and provide good value for the employees
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years experience in human resources, preferably in a food packing, processing or farming environment
- Must have knowledge of Federal and State employment laws and regulations
- Strong work ethic and a high degree of professionalism
- Strong oral and written communication skills and able to deal sensitively with confidential matters
- Excellent problem-solving, decision-making and employee relations skills
- Strong time management, multi-tasking & prioritization skills
- Experience working with Kronos time and attendance and Famous software a plus
Human Resources Jobs - Recruiting Jobs - Management Jobs - Administrative Jobs - Agriculture Jobs - Fresh Produce Jobs - Ag Jobs - Harvest Jobs - Ranch Management Jobs - Value Added Produce Jobs