The Grower Accounting Clerk is responsible for assisting the Finance Department with accounting for grower proceeds. This professional entry level position will ensure accurate and timely payments to growers as well as perform proper accounting of all grower-related costs, crop investment activities through grower settlement, and accurate and timely account reconciliations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform weekly calculations, system inputs and reconciliation of charges to the growers in the US and Mexico.
- Update and maintain accounting processes for Ocean Mist Farms’ shared equity growing deals.
- Responsible for the documentation and reconciliation of accounting activities from custom developed grower settlement application.
- Submit correcting journal entries to the general accounting group for posting and prepare accounts receivable general ledger related account reconciliations as part of the monthly close process.
- Prepare requested management reporting and analysis as it relates to crop investment for the Finance and Production departments.
- Prepare Board Reports and submit for review and update Board Summaries once reviewed.
- Will work in cross-functional teams as required to improve the processed used to complete the responsibilities of the position and other areas in the company.
- Will be cross trained in other accounting functions as required.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum Associates Degree. Associates Degree or higher focused in accounting or finance is highly desired.
- 2 years or more of grower accounting experience in the produce industry highly desired.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Excel is required. Knowledge of Famous software desired.
- Proficiency in other MS Office (Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint, Adobe) applications and internet research skills is highly desired.
- Ability to perform computations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division correctly; solve practical problems by choosing appropriately from a variety of mathematical techniques such as formulas and percentages.
- Must be a self-starter. Ensure delegated tasks are completed with minimal supervision and follow up.
- Proactively communicate task and project updates to supervisor as well as all matters that directly affect the department.
- Discreet handling of all business matters.
- Coordinate workflow effectively, efficiently, and neatly with a high level of attention to detail as well as superior organizational skills.
- Ability to carry out defined procedures and duties with specific instructions.
- Ability to learn new duties with minimal repetition;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff as well as outside clients and vendors and maintain effective working relationships with all parties.
- Strong ability to communicate verbally and comprehend verbal and written communication and instructions.
- Ability to work occasional Saturdays and evenings as job duties demand.
Apply today! We offer an excellent salary and benefits package. Send us your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Headquartered in Castroville, California near Monterey Bay, Ocean Mist Farms is one of California’s leading growers of premium quality produce. We have an affiliation with seven companies with operations in California, Arizona and Mexico. Founded in 1924, we are privately held, the largest producer of artichokes in North America and produce over 30 other fresh vegetable commodities. Our operations include plant breeding, farming, harvesting, cooling, distribution and sales. Ocean Mist Farms’ fresh vegetable product line is sold domestically and internationally year-round. To learn more about our company, please visit www.oceanmist.com
Accounting Jobs - Administrative Jobs - Agriculture Jobs